Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks for the replies lads, I can rewire the plug no worries, had to do it to half my stuff after moving.

Ive seen another offer here today for 300euro, for a 1TB including Lil Big Planet 3 and a choice of other games inc Fifa 16, AC Syndicate and BLOPs 3, just need to see if its still available

Edit: Just sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

the arse has fallen out of the price for Starwars Battlefront on all the stores . Pick it up direct on the Canada store for €37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the arse has fallen out of the price for Starwars Battlefront on all the stores . Pick it up direct on the Canada store for €37.

No one should bother with the ultimate/deluxe, the majority is unlock able through normal play and the few exclusive bits are not worth it. The season pass comes with the ultimate edition but that will get a another huge price cut in the next few months if anyone is still playing this game, which I doubt they will.

Will probably get it on the my Irish account as I can share it with my other console rather than buying off the US/Canadian store; €46 on EU PSN for normal edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I wanted to buy a PS4 but they only deliver to Switzerland :(

• Advertisement

Sorry dude, dropped that offer, got BLOPS 3, Little Big Planet and C Chassic 500gb for 299CHF, so again about 274euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Varik wrote: »
    No one should bother with the ultimate/deluxe, the majority is unlock able through normal play and the few exclusive bits are not worth it. The season pass comes with the ultimate edition but that will get a another huge price cut in the next few months if anyone is still playing this game, which I doubt they will.

Will probably get it on the my Irish account as I can share it with my other console rather than buying off the US/Canadian store; €46 on EU PSN for normal edition.

I have it on PS4 and PC. I'm playing it on pc. Besides the cool graphics ,cool sound ,the game is quite lame. I'm not gonna drop €50 on the season pass till i know that it's worth it.

Roll on the movie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It is a pick up and play shooter with great graphics and characters and sounds that we all recognise. Personally I love it but then it is marketed exactly towards someone like me. I'm not looking for depth when it comes to a mindless shooter. I just want mindless shooting.

Plus it is the closest thing to Warhawk that I think I'll see this gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

If you buy from the US or CAN store and they release paid for expansions, can the expansion be played on an Irish account or only on the region bought from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you buy from the US or CAN store and they release paid for expansions, can the expansion be played on an Irish account or only on the region bought from?

Yes, and no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Paid expansions will have to be bought on the CAN or US store depending on what store you activate on... You can only purchase the DLC for that game on the region it belongs too... Irish DLC won't work for US / CAN games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Where's the cheapest place for a ps4 controller. Seen Argos is €47 but out of stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Where's the cheapest place for a ps4 controller. Seen Argos is €47 but out of stock...

This question seems to pop up every week. There are no good deals on it. €47 is realistically the best price you'll get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Margins on the dualshocks are incredibly low for retailers so they rarely can reduce them. Argos have in the last couple of months and at Black Friday but you won't top that. Nobody wants to sell at a loss or even to break even hence why the price of them has been fairly standard since launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes, and no.

Do you mind elaborating on your comment please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

00011000 wrote: »
    Do you mind elaborating on your comment please?
    If you buy from the US or CAN store and they release paid for expansions, can the expansion be played on an Irish account

Yes, but you must also buy the expansion on the same store as you bought the original game.
    You cannot buy a game on the US store and the expansion on the Irish store.
    or only on the region bought from?

No, so long as the game and expansion are bought from the same region it will play on any account.

I have both my US and Irish accounts set as primary and play any game on either account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

GTA5 50% off for €35 is deal 9 of 12 for the next 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

From the Argos bargains thread:

Couldn't justify paying full price for it, but that's too good to turn down for me.

martyos121 wrote: »

Couldn't justify paying full price for it, but that's too good to turn down for me.

Fantastic game, couldn't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fantastic game, couldn't recommend it enough.

Unity and Revelations were the only ones I skipped but this caught my eye from when it was announced. Absolutely love this setting for games, going straight to the front of my backlog! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just bought it on amazon for 37 with parcel motel so actually 41 just the other day. Sickened :-(

Just bought it on amazon for 37 with parcel motel so actually 41 just the other day. Sickened :-(

The Steelbook version is available on Amazon now for 22pounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011YULLXY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Steelbook version is available on Amazon now for 22pounds

Yeah it was the steelbook version I got for 25 pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Has this been in the 12 deals of Christmas yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has this been in the 12 deals of Christmas yet?

Yes, it was €35 or €45 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Margins on the dualshocks are incredibly low for retailers so they rarely can reduce them. Argos have in the last couple of months and at Black Friday but you won't top that. Nobody wants to sell at a loss or even to break even hence why the price of them has been fairly standard since launch.

Unreal,

The 20th anniversary one is out of stock everywhere seemingly.

The Jet black one seems to be the same, and the rest are touching €70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes, it was €35 or €45 I think.

Ta, Argos it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Does anyone think there's any chance of an encore sale at the end of the 12 Days deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

James74 wrote: »
    Does anyone think there's any chance of an encore sale at the end of the 12 Days deals?

What, that they'll put up all the deals again at the end? They haven't done it before so I doubt it. There'll be sales in January but if anything that was offered in the 12 Deals is included it's likely to be at less of a discount.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Unreal,

The 20th anniversary one is out of stock everywhere seemingly.

The Jet black one seems to be the same, and the rest are touching €70.

You could try CEX as their controllers are guaranteed. Find a barely used one and stick new thumbpads on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement