Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You could try CEX as their controllers are guaranteed. Find a barely used one and stick new thumbpads on them.

Cunce are charging huge money for all controllers it seems (just looking from the website).

Doesn't really suit me anyway. Was hoping to get one by tomorrow evening in Clonmel. Working in Castletroy and don't really want the hassle of the traffic in Limerick City.

Thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cunce are charging huge money for all controllers it seems (just looking from the website).

Doesn't really suit me anyway. Was hoping to get one by tomorrow evening in Clonmel. Working in Castletroy and don't really want the hassle of the traffic in Limerick City.

Thanks though

Amazon have black DS4's for £38, works out about €52 plus you don't have to leave the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Fallout 4 £29.99 on Amazon.
    Quoted €43.92 @ checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

KeithTS wrote: »
    Amazon have black DS4's for £38, works out about €52 plus you don't have to leave the house.

Thanks mate - I was hoping to get one at a brick and mortar store though to have it for tomorrow.

My own fault - Should've sorted it in advance :P Will jut prob end up borrowing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Liordi wrote: »
    Fallout 4 £29.99 on Amazon.
    Quoted €43.92 @ checkout.

I just used Revolut to pay in Sterling and it worked out cheaper :D
    On Xbox One anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

callaway92 wrote: »
    Thanks mate - I was hoping to get one at a brick and mortar store though to have it for tomorrow.

My own fault - Should've sorted it in advance :P Will jut prob end up borrowing one.

Sign up for the free month trial with Amazon Prime, you should get the order tomorrow and then just cancel Prime before the month is out so you don't get charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

KeithTS wrote: »
    Sign up for the free month trial with Amazon Prime, you should get the order tomorrow and then just cancel Prime before the month is out so you don't get charged.

No one day shipping to Ireland, best is parcel motel or parcel wizard and that will still be at least monday / tuesday at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No one day shipping to Ireland, best is parcel motel or parcel wizard and that will still be at least monday / tuesday at this stage.

Prime will get it to PM next day so you might be lucky with PM getting it south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This late in the run up to Christmas I wouldn't trust Parcel Motel to get it to you in time as they are rammed at this time of year. Also if you add PM's fee you talking 1 or 2 euro in the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This late in the run up to Christmas I wouldn't trust Parcel Motel to get it to you in time as they are rammed at this time of year. Also if you add PM's fee you talking 1 or 2 euro in the difference.

I had something hit the parcel motel Dublin depot on Friday and it only delivered to Blackrock yesterday. Huge delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I had something hit the parcel motel Dublin depot on Friday and it only delivered to Blackrock yesterday. Huge delays.

I'm delighted to hear that as my stuff arrived on Monday and have had no update since. Was thinking something was up.

Sorry you had the wait though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Battlefield 4 is only €4.49 for all consoles in Argos at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's €15 on current generation for me? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

15.50 on current gen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's €15 on current generation for me? :/

Apologies, I must be going blind. You're right. I could have sworn it was the same across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm delighted to hear that as my stuff arrived on Monday and have had no update since. Was thinking something was up.

Sorry you had the wait though.

I am in the same boat, two packages arrived in the depot Monday morning, still no sign of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

GTA5 50% off for €35 is deal 9 of 12 for the next 48 hours.

...and BOUGHT!

Never played any GTA, wonder will it live up to the hype?!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

sticker wrote: »
    ...and BOUGHT!

Hang on a minute, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos has dishonoured remastered for a tenner, but its out of stock in every Dublin store I could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Argos has dishonoured remastered for a tenner, but its out of stock in every Dublin store I could see.

Wolfenstein the old blood is also a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Amazing deals on PS4 ,Argos.
    Buy a 500gb PS4 and get two top games free, plenty of options to choose. Only for the 500gb consoles halfway down the page,click on red tab ,special offers.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID...s|37328622.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That was the same with BF4. I started looking maybe two hours after the price dropped and couldn't find a copy in Ireland for love nor money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Amazing deals on PS4 ,Argos.
    Buy a 500gb PS4 and get two top games free, plenty of options to choose. Only for the 500gb consoles halfway down the page,click on red tab ,special offers.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID...s|37328622.htm

Does anyone know if the games with those bundles in the box (uncharted, GTA, star wars, COD) are normal disc copies.

If someone didn't want any of those games they could get the PS4 and have 3 games to trade in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The 2 games you get for free are physical copies.
    As for the games that are bundled with the console, my thinking is if it shows the game box on the PS4 box then its a physical copy and not a code but thats just my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sticker wrote: »
    ...and BOUGHT!

Maybe if it is your first time playing one, but it was a massively overrated entry to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

If anyone has a code for "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood" anywhere in Dublin that they're not gonna use it'd be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Xenji wrote: »
    Maybe if it is your first time playing one, but it was a massively overrated entry to the series.

I think it was flawed but having played through it now on both PS3 and PS4 it does a lot of things very well. To be honest, if someone is coming into GTA5 having not played any of the earlier games I'd expect them to be blown away by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Xenji wrote: »

Yes overated, but it is much better than IV. And is a fantastic game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

DeclanRe wrote: »

I thought it was the best GTA they've done, went and got the remastered on Black Friday, I'll get to it.

Lego Dimensions is €98 in Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

DeclanRe wrote: »

Overrated? i really must disagree, possibly the best value for money game ive ever bought plays superbly, fantastic story mode thats well told, mixed missions that dont feel like a chore, and online.... is really good fun especially with a couple of friends. Plus still releasing free dlc 2 years after release, its a superb title and possibly the best title released in the last 3 years on console imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement