Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

van_beano wrote: »
    Walking Dead Season One on PS4 down to €7.99 from €24.99 on the PS Store

Sweet. I picked up Season Two for free on PS Plus a few weeks ago - haven't played yet because I was hoping for One to show up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

van_beano wrote: »
    Walking Dead Season One on PS4 down to €7.99 from €24.99 on the PS Store

This is how they get you, give season 2 for free and you buy season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Varik wrote: »

This is exactly how they got me. I played Season 2 and absolutely loved it, well written story with believable characters. Was contemplating getting Season 1 last week at full price, luckily I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Varik wrote: »

They got me with season 1 free on the PS3 a good while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

There is a heap of games on sale on the ps store. They are not categorised yet, I just browsed through the whole thing. Few from the 12 days thing like gta and witcher half price.

Dishonoured is 15, the usuals like thief, sleeping dogs and tomb raider are around 10 each. New order is only 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Is Fifa 14 ps4 still 40 squid?

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

This is a pretty good site for categorizing the sales. You're welcome and sorry to your wallet, because there are some amazing ones.

Nothing on the Blog yet, but there's a load on sale,

PS prices list Sale list

Any opinion on Destiny: Taken King?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Any opinion on Destiny: Taken King?

It's pretty fun though you do need friends to play with to get the most out of it. Much better than vanilla Destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

This is a pretty good site for categorizing the sales. You're welcome and sorry to your wallet, because there are some amazing ones.

You are a Saint amongst men Boney! I have 50 quid smyths voucher and was gonna get Need for Speed (67 bloody euro). Now I'm gonna get psn credit and get it for 30 quid and 2 other 10 euro games, maybe Wolfenstein New Order since I heard great things about it.

Pity I can't trade them in but can't beat 3 games for 50 instead of 1 for 67!!!

Any standouts on the list?

Would people think that Battlefield 4 or Hardline are worth getting? I'm not a huge multi-player fan so it would be the single player campaigns I'd be looking at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Any standouts on the list?

Would people think that Battlefield 4 or Hardline are worth getting? I'm not a huge multi-player fan so it would be the single player campaigns I'd be looking at!

I love the Multiplayer on BF4
    I have finished the Single Player and it was fun, really like the Single Player on Hardline, whenever you go back to it, it sums up everything thats happened via cutscenes like a TV show, basically along the lines of "Previously on Hardline"
    Didnt like the Multiplayer on it though

I love the Multiplayer on BF4
    I have finished the Single Player and it was fun, really like the Single Player on Hardline, whenever you go back to it, it sums up everything thats happened via cutscenes like a TV show, basically along the lines of "Previously on Hardline"
    Didnt like the Multiplayer on it though

Cool thanks.

Might give them a look after Xmas so.

Anyone know when these sale prices end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It looks like the sale ends on 22nd of January. If you look at the product description it says when the offer is on. Some are until 8th January I think

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You are a Saint amongst men Boney! I have 50 quid smyths voucher and was gonna get Need for Speed (67 bloody euro). Now I'm gonna get psn credit and get it for 30 quid and 2 other 10 euro games, maybe Wolfenstein New Order since I heard great things about it.

Pity I can't trade them in but can't beat 3 games for 50 instead of 1 for 67!!!

New Order is fantastic. Tons of fun, great voice acting, and a surprising emotional heft.

January sales are now showing on the PlayStation store.

Jackbox Party pack 2 is a definite buy @ €15.

Edit: seems to have been removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bought BF4 in CEX only a few days ago for €22 :(
    Its only €11 on the PS store.
    Then again i've like 2mb internet so it would have taken years to download it.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Took me 28 hours to download Fallout 4, so I know your pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I treated myself to axiom verge, dishonored and metal gear ground zeroes.

My ps4 is slowly turning into my new steam with the amount game backlog I'm building up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Going to grab Rayman Legends, have wanted it for a while and playing Knack has made me realise I love platformers :D and well 12 euros cant really go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

astonaidan wrote: »
    Going to grab Rayman Legends, have wanted it for a while and playing Knack has made me realise I love platformers :D and well 12 euros cant really go wrong

Rayman Legends is so good. Looks gorgeous, tonnes to do and the music is outstanding too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

Anything really stand out for anyone? I'm thinking Wolf Among us or Walking Dead S1/S2. Wolf is 6 euro on the ps3 which is decent imo. Can't be arsed paying extra for the ps4 versions because there's hardly any difference. I may pick up Ground Zeroes which is 4e on ps3 too.

Bloodborne is around 26 on the Canadian PS Store, Witcher 3 is around 31 euro there too. Sleeping Dogs is a good buy if you are a GTA fan. I also see BF4 going for cheap too, the community is still buzzing, we just got a new map on there the other day for free too. It seems like a much better alternative to Black Ops or Battlefront tbh fam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got Need For Speed and will get Wolfenstein and then it's between Battlefield 4 and Tomb Raider (never played the ps4 edition) this sale was better than the 12 days.

Bought Jackbox 2, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Battlefield 4 - 3 games for €30. Not too bad going, really.

Battlefield 4 is 40 GB. So if it took 28 hours to download Fallout 4, which was 28 gigs, it should be ready by Stephen's Day :pac:

Wouldn't let me just add it to my account, I'd to delete the disc installed game (and all the DLC/updates) before it'd let me download the PSN version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bought Jackbox 2, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Battlefield 4 - 3 games for €30. Not too bad going, really.

Battlefield 4 is 40 GB. So if it took 28 hours to download Fallout 4, which was 28 gigs, it should be ready by Stephen's Day :pac:

Does that include all the free maps?
    I had 6GB worth of free maps and updates to download :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im once again tempted by the BL:Handsome Collection. Nobody on my friends list plays it though:(

Dont think i could play through the two games solo

EDIT: If i buy it can i set up game share with a mate and play at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If it's any consolation I did the EXACT same thing. They'll buy it back for €11 anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im once again tempted by the BL:Handsome Collection. Nobody on my friends list plays it though:(

Dont think i could play through the two games solo

EDIT: If i buy it can i set up game share with a mate and play at the same time?

Not 100% sure on this, but if your mate set up his ps4 with your account, he would need it to stay connected to the internet to verify the license if he did not activate it as primary. As long as he activates as primary, he can play it online/offline on his console. However if he doesn't make it primary, he would need that constant online access. Only one person can sign into your account at a time so, I think your friend would need to play on your PSN account (as it is the one with the license) with his ps4 constantly connected to online and you play on a seperate PSN account on your console (primary console, your game is verified already). Does this make any sense?

Alternatively you can play on your own PSN account but temporarily pass that accounts primary ownership to your mate's ps4 and let him download it, set as primary, then go back to his own account. However you will need to stay constantly connected to internet to verify your own license.

I may have gotten this all wrong, someone back me up here? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement