Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

DubDJ wrote: »
    I got the uncharted bundle in Argos and it was a physical disc. It can be a code as well though, I've seen two different types.
    Can I ask how much you paid for it?

Im one of the parents who always goes to Gamestop:o The ps4 credit I bought doesnt have the code to use it online..am I going to have probs trying to sort this in the shop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Colser wrote: »

Im one of the parents who always goes to Gamestop:o The ps4 credit I bought doesnt have the code to use it online..am I going to have probs trying to sort this in the shop ?

Edit :I think misread your post :) ignore below if I have.

(if you mean you don't have a ps+ subscription code)

If it's a new PSN account that has never had ps+ before , you'll have a free trial of ps+ subscription (2 weeks i think) which lets you play online.

You'll find it in the PS Store where you can purchase ps+ subscriptions.
    You'll see 1 month, 3 months, 1 year and the free trial in the one page available to purchase . If the free trial is expired or not available you must have used it before.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    (if you mean you don't have a ps+ subscription code)

If it's a new PSN account that has never had ps+ before , you'll have a free trial of ps+ subscription (2 weeks i think) which lets you play online.

You'll find it in the PS Store where you can purchase ps+ subscriptions.
    You'll see 1 month, 3 months, 1 year and the free trial in the one page available to purchase . If the free trial is expired or not available you must have used it before.
    Its 50e I bought him in the shop,the code should be on the receipt/printout.I bought 30e for my nephews and its on theirs but the printout is much longer.
    Its not a new ps4 ,he has it over a year .Hes bought some now online but Im wondering about my 50e.i will go back to Gamestop and see what happens.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Had a look at currys today they have some games over €100 is there something I'm missing?

Wow White PS4 €770 ... Are they legally allowed to sell at this price? :eek: You can get 2 x PS4's for that price with a bunch of games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wow White PS4 €770 ... Are they legally allowed to sell at this price? :eek: You can get 2 x PS4's for that price with a bunch of games...

It's just a ridiculous mark up so they can drop the price for the sales and make it look like a big saving. Did the exact same thing for Black Friday, shady feckers.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's just a ridiculous mark up so they can drop the price for the sales and make it look like a big saving. Did the exact same thing for Black Friday, shady feckers.

Yeah I suppose, I think Argos pricing will be better anyways :p ... Hopefully not many fall for that ridiculous scheme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ps4 and uncharted collection in argos for 300 good deal?

I've never had a ps4 headset and I'm hoping to buy one IN STORE tomorrow. I have no idea what is good and what isn't, could somebody recommend something, ideally something that could be on sale somewhere for less than 50

The PS4 2.0 Headset was €65 in Smyths on sale, well worth the money if you can stretch it out... Not too sure what price it will be now but it should go back on sale somewhere anyways... No experience with other headsets but I really like this one...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've never had a ps4 headset and I'm hoping to buy one IN STORE tomorrow. I have no idea what is good and what isn't, could somebody recommend something, ideally something that could be on sale somewhere for less than 50

I got these on a recommendation on this forum, for €15 they are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Colser wrote: »

Got it Black Friday with another free game for €299. Got a great deal, I traded both games in though. Uncharted was a physical disc in the box, regarding the PS Subscription, maybe check though all receipts just in case the till cut the receipt and code into to separate ones. It should be in the receipt though, I got one today myself and it was printed there.

Hopefully you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Need For Speed for E29.99 on PSN store till the 8th of January, as well as the deluxe edition for E34.99.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Got it Black Friday with another free game for €299. Got a great deal, I traded both games in though. Uncharted was a physical disc in the box, regarding the PS Subscription, maybe check though all receipts just in case the till cut the receipt and code into to separate ones. It should be in the receipt though, I got one today myself and it was printed there.

Hopefully you get sorted.
    The uncharted collection was 75e in Gamestop,he had one that had been traded in from a bundle for 50e that looked perfect so I took it(thought my son would spot that there was no wrap on it but I got away with it):pac:
    Im guessing they gave very little to who ever traded it in..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Base have some good PS4 deals: Tony Hawks 5 for €25, Uncharted for €30, Just Cause 3 for €48.

Canadian PSN really is something else, can't recommend it enough.

On the Flash Sale that started last night, I got MGS 5, Madden 16 and San Andreas all for just over €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

On the Flash Sale that started last night, I got MGS 5, Madden 16 and San Andreas all for just over €60.

I know. I got Just Cause 3, wolfenstein the old blood and minecraft story mode for €55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Niamhf wrote: »
    Base have some good PS4 deals: Tony Hawks 5 for €25, Uncharted for €30, Just Cause 3 for €48.

Tony Hawks 5 is a total **** heap of a game though. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Yeah, I did hear it was pretty bad, such a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Any decent price cuts on controllers for the ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The new sale is so much better than the twelve deals of Christmas ones. I can see me spending a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The new sale is so much better than the twelve deals of Christmas ones. I can see me spending a small fortune.

Ive already bought a few games, bought battlefield for a tenner, then saw the premium edition was 22 quid, might buy that, works out alot cheaper than buying all the add ons.. But wasted a tenner on the basic version..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nope, they are fixed prices. They don't go up or down at all really, maybe €5 off in some places if you are lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Argos has the 20th anniversary one for €47 or a third party wired one for €37 (assuming they are in stock now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How much is madden?

How much is madden?

$32 CAD I believe, could be less though.

Anyone spot a better deal for a ps4 than 299 in argos with uncharted?

FIFA 16 €40 on Amazon UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Anyone spot a better deal for a ps4 than 299 in argos with uncharted?

Nope, sadly, Argos don't seem to have any stock

titan18 wrote: »
    Nope, sadly, Argos don't seem to have any stock

managed to reserve one this morning thankfully

gonna pick it up tomorrow thanks

edit: just looking again the both childers road and cruises street in limerick have a few in stock for 299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Niamhf wrote: »
    FIFA 16 €40 on Amazon UK

Huge sale on ps store now.

FIFA is 34.99,

Gta 41 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

In all my time on PSN I've never seen a flash sale on the Ireland store, always Canada and US... I picked up the Witcher 3... combat isn't great but for €19 I can't complain, also DI 3.0 for a tenner!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement