Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is down to $12 on US PSN.

Could easily end up on ps plus sometime but I think I'll buy it!

Got great reviews and I loved the original 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Oddworlds only 7.50 on Irish play store mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oddworlds only 7.50 on Irish play store mate

And was already on psplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doge wrote: »
    Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is down to $12 on US PSN.

Could easily end up on ps plus sometime but I think I'll buy it!

Got great reviews and I loved the original 2.

Has been on plus already so no chance of showing up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Where is currently best value to pick up a PS4? Looking to get one plus FIFA 16, seems like Argos is best? Get the two of them for €333.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Where is currently best value to pick up a PS4? Looking to get one plus FIFA 16, seems like Argos is best? Get the two of them for €333.

Maybe pick up one of the bundles in Argos for €299, if your not into the game, trade it in and use the value to buy FIFA 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    In all my time on PSN I've never seen a flash sale on the Ireland store, always Canada and US... I picked up the Witcher 3... combat isn't great but for €19 I can't complain, also DI 3.0 for a tenner!

Where are you seeing the Flash sale mate? Witcher 3 is showing up at €34 for me???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Where are you seeing the Flash sale mate? Witcher 3 is showing up at €34 for me???

It's currently $25.
    I think I got it for slightly less a few weeks ago.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's currently $25.
    I think I got it for slightly less a few weeks ago.

Ta, was just wondering where SMCian saw it on the flash sale on the Irish store?

Ta, was just wondering where SMCian saw it on the flash sale on the Irish store?

He didn't.
    His post said he never saw a flash sale on the Irish site

• Advertisement

He didn't.
    His post said he never saw a flash sale on the Irish site

Oh right. I read it wrong.
    Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Canadian Store boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

Canadian Store boys.

Witcher 3 is 19.80 or something there, anything else worthwhile? Bloodborne is 26 but I feel like there might be some sales in argos soon so might hold out for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Canadian Store boys.

How do I get on Canadian Store?

I'm a new, obvs.

winston82 wrote: »
    How do I get on Canadian Store?

I'm a new, obvs.

You need to set up a Canadian account with a Canadian address. But it won't accept debit cards or paypal linked to Ireland. Don't even give them reason to expect you're up to anything shady though because you aren't supposed to set up accounts from regions you don't live in. I just buy wallet top ups online and it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

While setting up a Candadian account may save some money, it still involves buying codes from eBay etc and it gets awkward for other reasons. I have a US account for games but I gave up using it for the most part, especially for games I want to play using the Vita (often ps one classics etc), because it involves pain-in-the-ass account-switching processes. To me, it's not worth the effort anymore, lol, and I'm happy to compromise for one unified account, but to each their own. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

You can buy top up cards from these guys: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

They normally have flash sales for the PSN cards so a CAN card for $50 can work out at around 30 Euro. When you receive the card, redeem it on your Canadian account and it will automatically add the funds to your wallet.

You need to set up a Canadian account with a Canadian address. But it won't accept debit cards or paypal linked to Ireland. Don't even give them reason to expect you're up to anything shady though because you aren't supposed to set up accounts from regions you don't live in. I just buy wallet top ups online and it works well.

Oh, so I can't buy anything from my Paypal account if it is linked to my Irish debit card?

Bugger.

Oh, so I can't buy anything from my Paypal account if it is linked to my Irish debit card?

Bugger.

I'm pretty sure it will reject it. You could use your debit card on pcgamesupply and just buy a wallet top up for instant code delivery though

I'm pretty sure it will reject it. You could use your debit card on pcgamesupply and just buy a wallet top up for instant code delivery though

I use my PayPal there

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I use my PayPal there

I see, then I'm wrong. I won't chance using my paypal on my canadian account now because I had been using it on my irish one before, don't want any bans this holiday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I see, then I'm wrong. I won't chance using my paypal on my canadian account now because I had been using it on my irish one before, don't want any bans this holiday. :D

I'm guessing what Sweetie means is using PayPal to purchase Canadian psn credit on pcgamesupply not on the account itself. I have no payment method attached to my Canadian account. If I need credit, I just purchase it from pcgamesupply using PayPal

I'm guessing what Sweetie means is using PayPal to purchase Canadian psn credit on pcgamesupply not on the account itself. I have no payment method attached to my Canadian account. If I need credit, I just purchase it from pcgamesupply using PayPal

Yes this, sorry

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lads, charter on this forum doesn't allow for discussion on signing up for Stores other than the Irish one, just a heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see Mass Effect trilogy is in the sale for ps3 for 13 euro. I need to find a loan of a ps 3 :(

Charter wrote: »
    7. Absolutely no discussion on how to evade restrictions on geographically locked content. This includes posts that describe the use of proxies, VPNs and browser add-ons, along with questions like "How do I watch the US Netflix on my console?"
    Absolutely no discussion on purchasing products that require the use of a false address. This includes buying from different Playstation Store regions or anywhere that requires a fake address.

Above from Charter:
    Discussion is allowed on games/prices from different regions as this information is freely available.
    Discussing purchasing credit from pcgamesupply.com et al is also allowed as you can use your Irish card without any issues.

What cannot be discussed is anything that requires evasion of geographical restrictions/fake addresses.

Above from Charter:
    Discussion is allowed on games/prices from different regions as this information is freely available.
    Discussing purchasing credit from pcgamesupply.com et al is also allowed as you can use your Irish card without any issues.

What cannot be discussed is anything that requires evasion of geographical restrictions/fake addresses.

So I can say that I am thinking of purchasing $50 credit and it just so happens that there's a sale on on the Canadian PS store? Got it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

So Canadian store is now cheaper then Us one? Long time didnt buy any digital Game so confused now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Has anyone noticed "Destiny - The Taken King Free Demo" appear on their PS4 "XMB"??

Can Sony push demos onto your PS4 or did I somehow request it whilst on the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

van_beano wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed "Destiny - The Taken King Free Demo" appear on their PS4 "XMB"??

Can Sony push demos onto your PS4 or did I somehow request it whilst on the store?

Sony can literally push demos, of you go to settings/PSN + account settings there is a little tickbox somewhere to disable it, could be there or power functions, defo in the maze of options somewhere... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement