Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sony can literally push demos, of you go to settings/PSN + account settings there is a little tickbox somewhere to disable it, could be there or power functions, defo in the maze of options somewhere... :)

Ahh grand, never noticed it before! Pity they can't just push full games instead of demos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Do you reckon there will be a drop in the price of the PS4 come January? I would have thought that post christmas there would be a reduction of something anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Do you reckon there will be a drop in the price of the PS4 come January? I would have thought that post christmas there would be a reduction of something anyway?

Argos have had the console plus a game for 300 a few times now. I picked it up at that price with the uncharted collection a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Argos have had the console plus a game for 300 a few times now. I picked it up at that price with the uncharted collection a few weeks ago.

I picked up the uncharted bundle yesterday for 299

I'd be very surprised if there's any price cut before e3

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I picked up the uncharted bundle yesterday for 299

I'd be very surprised if there's any price cut before e3

Where did you get it please? I've been trying everywhere but can't get it. Keeps saying out of stock on argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Where did you get it please? I've been trying everywhere but can't get it. Keeps saying out of stock on argos

The crescent limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Other than GTA, I've not played many other games all. Been looking online for some of the better rated games. Came across Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for €4.99 on PSN. Worth picking up? I see the full game is highly rated and I've never played any before this.

Also, is Battlefield 4 worth it at €10.79? Trying to pick up one or two games while the sale is still live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Playing through tomb raider definitive edition €10 which is excellent. Also I see shadow of mordor for €17'ish which is a great game too, would recommend those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

DubDJ wrote: »
    Other than GTA, I've not played many other games all. Been looking online for some of the better rated games. Came across Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for €4.99 on PSN. Worth picking up? I see the full game is highly rated and I've never played any before this.

Also, is Battlefield 4 worth it at €10.79? Trying to pick up one or two games while the sale is still live.

MGS:GZ was a free PS+ game , I believe? I'm not a fan of MGS games, and I heard its a bit on the short side, but if you didn't get it on PS+, a fiver is decent.
    A few on my friends list still play BF4 regularly. I had it back on PS3, and I liked it. Depends on the games you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is only like 2hrs long and is pretty much a demo. Honestly if you haven't played any of the previous Metal Gears you'll be missing too much.

BF4 is probably the best FPS shooter out on PS4. It's recently undergone some big patches to fix issue's they had at release. I bought it on release and it was a mess. Picked it up last week and have been playing it non stop.

If you get it hop over to Battlefield thread. You can join up with some of us there.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies. One thing though, in regards to the Battlefield versions, which is the best to go for. Is the standard ok, or would I be missing out by not getting the premium edition. Not much experience with DLC and what to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I could not stand any of the other MGS games and last year picked up GZ for a fiver and loved it and also love the new game, the story is cat but the gameplay is so fluid and fun to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cheers for the replies. One thing though, in regards to the Battlefield versions, which is the best to go for. Is the standard ok, or would I be missing out by not getting the premium edition. Not much experience with DLC and what to get.

For the extra 12 or so quid for premium it's worth it. Loads of extra maps and it'll ensure you're able to access more playlists.

The premium pass is usually €50 alone (on top of the game) so getting the entire game with premium for €22 or thereabouts is a steal.

It's a long download though as you'll have to download the game itself and then download the 5/6 expansions separately from the ps store afterwards.

Thanks, gonna download one or two to keep me going. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks like this is a season pass :(

https://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/96683/star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition

Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition

€14.99 Digital Download

I assume you need an italian PSN account

I had to set up an italian account on gamestop and used a hotel in rome.

The email says code will be delivered in 24 hours

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

€14.99 Digital Download

Needs the full game, unless you bought it on the Italian PSN, this DLC won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    Needs the full game, unless you bought it on the Italian PSN, this DLC won't work.

Not sure about that.

Games, and DLC should be locked to SCEE/SCEA/SCEJ rather than a specific country. PlayStation plus and wallet cards are country specific.

Found it from Sony's FAQ but Australia & New Zealand are separate again to the rest of the SCEE and some content for SCEJ is iffy. But EU is fine.

€14.99 Digital Download

You shouldn't need an Italian account, from the sound of it you've already bought it so there's no risk in trying it on your normal EU account first (assume Irish). Also it seems to be the upgrade to the deluxe edition rather than the season pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure if mentioned yet, but Argos have the 1tb console + Uncharted Collection for €349.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4284334/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+1TB.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

not sure if mentioned yet, but Argos have the 1tb console + Uncharted Collection for €349.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4284334/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+1TB.htm

Is this the older model does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got an email from Sony saying Part 2 of the January sale is kicking off on the 7th of Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Deedsie wrote: »
    Is this the older model does anyone know?

I think all the 1tb consoles are the newer model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think all the 1tb consoles are the newer model.

The first 1TB consoles were the old versions like the Ultimate Player Edition packs. The 1TB consoles that come in game bundle packaging are generally all the new versions.

The first 1TB consoles were the old versions like the Ultimate Player Edition packs. The 1TB consoles that come in game bundle packaging are generally all the new versions.

Ah OK, my mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 fccallan

Sorry for my silly question, but what is the difference between the old and new models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

fccallan wrote: »
    Sorry for my silly question, but what is the difference between the old and new models?

Newer rev of motherboard and components leading to a quieter and power efficient console it should be labelled CUH-1200 C-Chassis on the box, you know it will be the newer version if it is all Matt finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

€14.99 Digital Download

That's on the Irish PSN store for sale, for the same the price. It's just the couple of extras you get with the deluxe version. Really REALLY not worth €15.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition-content/cid=EP0006-CUSA00634_00-DELUXEUPGRADE000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Picked up Rayman legends for 12 euros, serious fun, one of the lads came over to visit 6 hours later realised it was 3am. My fav game in a while

astonaidan wrote: »
    Picked up Rayman legends for 12 euros, serious fun, one of the lads came over to visit 6 hours later realised it was 3am. My fav game in a while

Yeah its class! A lot of content too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That's on the Irish PSN store for sale, for the same the price. It's just the couple of extras you get with the deluxe version. Really REALLY not worth €15.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition-content/cid=EP0006-CUSA00634_00-DELUXEUPGRADE000

I figured out it was an upgrade pack after I bought it...looks like I'll need to buy the game at some stage:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ah crap, the price on all ps4's have gone back up in Argos. I was hoping to buy the uncharted bundle at the end of January

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement