Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advive on how to further my education

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm 28, left school at 17 (before my leaving cert). I'm looking to further my education and move onto 3rd level education and study accounting.

I'm just wondering would my best option be going back to do my leaving cert with VTOS or would I be better off doing a FETAC level 5 accounting or business course if I can find one.

Which would benefit me more, and which would I have a better chance of making an impression with colleges with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

JayIre wrote: »
    I'm 28, left school at 17 (before my leaving cert). I'm looking to further my education and move onto 3rd level education and study accounting.

I'm just wondering would my best option be going back to do my leaving cert with VTOS or would I be better off doing a FETAC level 5 accounting or business course if I can find one.

Which would benefit me more, and which would I have a better chance of making an impression with colleges with.

I would recommend doing both. Do some accounting related Fetac courses if possible but also do Leaving cert maths in the night time.
    Now is a great time to start preparing to make an application for 3rd level next year. The more you can show that you've considered your options and made steps to make up for any weak spots in your education the better. Some courses will also have a certain level of OL or HL maths as a mandatory requirment even for mature students, I'm not sure if the fetac route alone would allow you to bypass this.

Advertisement