Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harley-Davidson Livewire

• 19-06-2014 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Just announced today by HD, their new EV motorcycle, The "Livewire" While I love the styling I can't help thinking the 50 mile limit will be next to useless in the real world !! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mmm. Quite funky-looking and very European, innit. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was used in the avengers apparently. I like the styling except for the back mudguard, nice bike. Obviously details like range, charging times and price are the biggies.

061814-harley-davidson-livewire-electric-avengers-sipausa_13362379.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Doesn't look to bad actually. Mind you with the likes of the 2014 Zero S claiming about 100 miles of 'real' range 50 seems a bit poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Styling points taken from Ducati's Diavel by the looks of it

Was thinking the same. Probably why I like it, doesn't have the usual harley look :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

They did a rider survey for the typical miles capable from an average harley, and doubled it for this new bike :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I take back my comment about the bad mileage, just worked it out and I could make 10 return trips to HD Ballymount on this before I'd need a recharge, thats months of usage !! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A poxy looking yoke IMO.

Would be wary of travelling over speed bumps to quickly on it

A poxy looking yoke IMO.
    But you drive a beemer, what would you know about style

:pac:

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    But you drive a beemer, what would you know about style

:pac:

I ride it with style, sorta' like bringing sexy back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

But a Harley sounds like a Harley, how are they gonna get over that one?

But a Harley sounds like a Harley, how are they gonna get over that one?
    They can activate an audio file via the ignition switch & play it through hidden speakers in the exhaust :pac::pac::pac:

Or there's always the tried & trusted method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

My exact thoughts, uncanny:D
    can we get that stickied to the top of the forum? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

I like the styling but 50 miles, that's ridiculous range for an electric bike - their tech must be light years behind (as usual).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And failing miserably IMO.
    Not much I like about that.
    Tank and tailpiece too small.
    Don't like the front and back mudguards, the wheels,the rear shock, the headlight,handlebars or the brake callipers.

The frame is ok I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

bladespin wrote: »
    I like the styling but 50 miles, that's ridiculous range for an electric bike - their tech must be light years behind (as usual).

I hear there using 3 lead acid batteries.

Its abit ridiculous range. Because for them to have a 100 mile range they have to double the batteries so the current look wont stay.

or to play devils advocate. Maybe it actually has a 50 mile range. Rather than do the usual claims of 10 billion miles per charge when they in real life only have 50-60 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

corkgsxr wrote: »
    or to play devils advocate. Maybe it actually has a 50 mile range. Rather than do the usual claims of 10 billion miles per charge when they in real life only have 50-60 range.

Don't know of any other electric bike with a range that short (real life or claimed), most electric cages will do a lot better :eek: Lets face it, as a HD it's not going to be going that quick so rolling power use will be fairly marginal, to get that short a cycle either their batteries are pure scutter or their design/materials are utterly flawed.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

You know when you get off your bike after a days scratching, walk away and look back at your bike in appreciation of its looks and engineering, check out her arse & pipe/pipes ~ I bet in a million years that thing will never get that look back.

And we all know if you're not looking back at your bike, you're riding the wrong bike!.

I hate the idea of this thing.

Advertisement