Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Good Morning,

I have had a shocking experience with an Electric Ireland representative this morning via phone.

I will start from the beginning and work my way to this phone call.

I am awaiting the install of a pre paid meter in my home.

I had an Electric Ireland engineer at my property recently and he advised that he could not complete the work that day as I needed to get a replacement cover for my old fuse board, I explained the issue was I could not replace it as it is old and I would need to replace the entire board, he disagreed but could not tell me where I could obtain a  replacement cover for a near 30 year old board.

I was worried about my supply being disconnected without having the meter installed as I have an outstanding bill. He advised he would have my appointment rescheduled and that I would be called with a new date, he was gone within a minute.

Since then I have arranged to have a replacement board fitted which will be done in the next 10 days when I have the money together to pay the electrician.

This morning at 09:25 I received a call from an Electric Ireland representative ( I will keep the name off boards because I am a considerate human being) advising that my supply would be disconnected due to my outstanding bill.

I advised The lady that I was waiting on a call in relation to rescheduling the install of a meter. The rep jumped straight into say that it was noted that my property was  unsuitable for a meter. I advised the preoperty is fine for a meter, it is just an issue with the board.

I began to explain to The rep how I am waiting on an electrician to replace my board and then I can have the meter installed. I asked if the engineer rescheduled the visit and the agent said very abruptly it will be done when you fix your board as if that was the hold up.

I said that the engineer was to reschedule my visit on the day as there was about a 6-8 week wait at the time for an install, she said it will be done when you board is fixed, the agent insisted on talking over me when I was trying to explain why it was mean to already be rescheduled as I will have my board replaced in about a week, the agent said she will give me a week on this.

The rep did not listen to a word I said and was very hostile saying something about EI sending an electrician to me? I tried explaining again but the rep kept cutting me off, I said I don't think you understand. With that the agent was extremely aggressive and her tone changed she told me I am not the only person having a meter installed, which I am fully aware of and had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation I was trying to have.

The rep shouted over me continuously and said I'm talking let me talk, to the point I had to speak louder in the hopes of getting to say anything or at least calm the situation.
    When she seemed to be finished I said that was very very rude and I tried to explain, the lady was still talking. She said I will not have anyone talk over her. As if I was a child and she was an angry parent.

I had given the rep plenty of time, all I was trying to do was advise why the meter had not been installed and find out if the engineer who ran out of my house had rescheduled my visit at all as he said, or if it needed to be done.

I said that she is speaking to a customer in a customer facing position and cannot talk to people in this manner.

Again a lot of talking over me, I asked her to listen to me for a moment as I had let the agent have her time to rant and she said I am not arguing with you , as if I had initiated this argument and hung up.

I have never had such a terrible experience with a company in my life!

My employment background is completely customer service based and if I had ever spoken to someone with even a fraction of this appalling, I would have had disciplinary action or a P45 handed to me.

I may have an outstanding bill that I am struggling to pay, but this in no way gives somebody calling me the right to speak down to me and over me and not listen to an iota of what I was saying to her. 

All I wanted to know is where I stood with my reinstall, and explain that it should already be rescheduled. It would have been nice to know if I have a week before disconnection or where exactly I stand. Instead I was spoken to in an aggressive and disgusting manner for absolutely no reason before being hung up on because the agent was not willing to listen at all, and maybe at that point ( I would hope) realise that her demeanour was that of a 16 year old shouting in a playground. 

I would like this complaint to be logged and looked into.I would like a follow up please as I got off the phone shaking from the shock of what had just happened, it has ruined my day and put me in a terrible humour.

I would hope that more training is provided for anyone in EI who has to speak to or deal with people as this was a disgrace and a shocking view of EI customer service.

Kind Regards,

Shao

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Good morning Shao,

First of all, I’m very sorry to read that you’re disappointed with the customer service you have received. I can assure you that your satisfaction as a customer is of the upmost importance to us.

I will certainly investigate this matter for you, and will log a complaint on your behalf detailing the experience you had this morning, and your comments. For me to review this, I will need to look at your account. Could you please send us a PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder. Once this information has been provided, I will be able to access your account and log the complaint for you.

Again, I regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to you this morning. We will be happy to assist you with your query and make any notes on your account which are necessary.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Good morning Shao,

First of all, I’m very sorry to read that you’re disappointed with the customer service you have received. I can assure you that your satisfaction as a customer is of the upmost importance to us.

I will certainly investigate this matter for you, and will log a complaint on your behalf detailing the experience you had this morning, and your comments. For me to review this, I will need to look at your account. Could you please send us a PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder. Once this information has been provided, I will be able to access your account and log the complaint for you.

Again, I regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to you this morning. We will be happy to assist you with your query and make any notes on your account which are necessary.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi Aoife,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have PM'd you the requested information.

Shao

Advertisement