Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Mobile App Development Course?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking to do a course in App Development area but not 100% sure exactly what yet. Have an IT background but not so much in programming but what programming I've done I've liked and found ok.

Would anyone know of any evening/part-time courses in Dublin area. Finding it hard to find any online that suit.

I work full-time so a couple of evenings/week would be the most I'd want. Don't want to have to do a whole lot of learning/exams either just hands-on stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Stumbled across this course recently while looking for something suitable for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you programming skills are not up to scratch, do a programming course first, then look at app development. Otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'm with tom here. You'd want to get a background into Java before you look at Android development or else it'll be an unmitigated disaster. You'd need to understand some fundamentals of object oriented programming and the likes.

Something like caveofprogramming.com will give you an insight.

Advertisement