Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cake problem

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

So here's the thing........

I contacted a local place last week to make a custom birthday cake for my little fellas birthday.
    Agreed the design etc and paid a deposit.
    All cool.
    Happy Camper.

Kept in touch with her all week and everything was going fine until last night....the night before I am due to collect the cakes.

Got an email at 9:00pm last night saying that she was going to miss the deadline for delivery (today at noon), but we agreed to push the collection time out to just after 5pm tonight...
    Fairly good...
    Bit worried.
    Nervous camper now.

This morning (the day I'm due to collect the cake) I get an email to say she is cancelling the order and refunding my deposit.
    She can't meet the deadline for the party.
    NOT GOOD.
    FUMING.
    SERIOUSLY IRATE F***ING CAMPER!

What do you do in a situation like this.....???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Name and Shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

ahh OP thats very poor :(

I would def make a formal complaint, does she have a facebook page etc?

Just on the birthday cake... M&S do lovely cakes in Blackrock - hope that helps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imadub

The Bread Basket might be able to help, they do all their baking in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imadub

That's in Kilcoole:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Thanks for your suggestions Folks.

I eventually got sorted with Gran Clarkes Bakery in Kilcoole.
    She was disgusted when I explained my story, and couldn't have been more helpful.
    Rest assu

I'll name and shame the THING who let me down as soon as I get my deposit back.....you can be sure about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

That is shocking. Please do name and shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm absolutly delighted that the little lads party was not ruined. I love happy endings. :)

Name and Shame...
    Thanks for your suggestions Folks.

I eventually got sorted with Gran Clarkes Bakery in Kilcoole.
    She was disgusted when I explained my story, and couldn't have been more helpful.
    Rest assu

I'll name and shame the THING who let me down as soon as I get my deposit back.....you can be sure about that.

I'm afraid this won't be happening on Boards.ie as the folk around here hate court cases, as you could imagine.

Have a nice day y'all. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement