Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by mod for something he states is a yellow card offence.

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

So I've been a banned from the soccer forum for providing links to stream/download games, Problem for me is the same mod who banned me clearly stated it was a yellow card offence less than one week earlier.

Here is where he says the above.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90841427&postcount=604
    Mod Post: Discussions regarding using/finding streams to view games is against the charter.

It is not a new rule and there is no excuse for any posters (soccer forum regulars in particular) to start doing so.

Any further chat on the topic will result in yellow cards, so please don't put yourselves in a position to pick up such a soft yellow especially during the WC when two yellows means a one month ban.

I'll accept in hindsight it was wrong to post the link I did but why have I been punished more severely than the mod says people would be if they posted about streaming/downloading game?

Just to be clear I've pm'd kess and he told me to start an appeal here.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for the delay in getting to look at this. I've been discussing this with the mod who issued the card and they have agreed to downgrade this to a yellow (as they will for the other party involved in this), as so far as we are aware, you have not linked to or requested a downloading or streaming site since the change in Site rules on this was announced. However please note that another yellow during the World Cup and the 1 month ban will kick back in. Please also note that a repeat offence of linking to streaming or downloading sites will be treated as a blatant breach of Charter and you could expect to receive a minimum of a red card (with resultant ban) in the Soccer Forum for this

Do we have a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in getting to look at this. I've been discussing this with the mod who issued the card and they have agreed to downgrade this to a yellow (as they will for the other party involved in this), as so far as we are aware, you have not linked to or requested a downloading or streaming site since the change in Site rules on this was announced. However please note that another yellow during the World Cup and the 1 month ban will kick back in. Please also note that a repeat offence of linking to streaming or downloading sites will be treated as a blatant breach of Charter and you could expect to receive a minimum of a red card (with resultant ban) in the Soccer Forum for this

Do we have a deal?

Sounds good to me beasty. thanks for looking into this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've lifted both bans - there's a different process to go through when rescicnding cards as only Admins can do that, so that may take a few days. We will then issue a yellow to keep the record straight

This appeal can be marked resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement