Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre F1000 Router Issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

It should work straight from the GUI normally 192.168.1.1 , most people have found improvements with latest official firmware but wi-fi is rather premises dependant and through 2 concrete walls /floors seems to be the maximum you will get with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paul Thomas Rowland

Do you need to unlock your modem to update to the latest zyxel firmware?
    Should I expect improvements in wifi range and speed with it?

If you own an eircom f1000 you must unlock it before you can use zyxel firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paul Thomas Rowland

John Dough wrote: »
    After a email request ZyXel said V5 was their latest and sent a link to use this only.
    Better to be sure than sorry.

Totally understand. Just to report the V7 firmware works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Hi all,

Hope I'm posting this in the right place if not could a mod please move or advise if I need to start a new thread.

Over the last few weeks I've noticed the following issues with my eir fibre broadband ;

1. Router turns off WPA2 encryption several times a day only for it to turn itself back on

2. The download snr margin fluctuates constantly during the day and can go as low as 9.X and can be as high as 15.X. also my profile seems to change as well. I'm on 80:20 profile but it will sync at a lower profile and then come back to 80:20

3. Internet will occasional get disconnected and I have to restart the router or wait for it to reconnect itself.

Would these problems mean there's a problem with my line or could they be down to a faulty router?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,
    doney84

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your line is struggling, its called intermittent sync. Call eir and troubleshoot.

DONT use WEP. If you arent using WPA just leave it open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

ED E wrote: »
    Your line is struggling, its called intermittent sync. Call eir and troubleshoot.

DONT use WEP. If you arent using WPA just leave it open.

Thanks ED, I'll get on to Eir about the line struggling. I was wrong in my first post, it is WPA2 encryption my wifi is using. Would the line struggling prompt the router to keep disabling and re-enabling it ?

Advertisement