Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blatant lies from eircom rep

Options
  • 19-06-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am absolutely fuming!! Eircom rep called to house. Told me efiber available in my area ( its not) had previously been with UTV connect which gave me unlimited downloads free anytime calls to uk . Rep told me contract would include this but be 10 euro cheaper a month. Was also told to connect to e vision just to ring them when my broadband was connected to initiate TV(also not available) now I find that I have no TV service available, they are now only giving me off peak calls to UK at 20 cent per min. Rang to cancel, complain. No help whatsoever. Enquired as to why I would swap when my own provider was cheaper, totally lied and misled by rep. When complaining customer care said it is available in ur area just not your estate. I did sign without reading contract, salesman purposely kept talking when I was signing on iPad. He was in my house for an hour and I wanted to get him out!! Eircom say if I cancel contract now they will charge me for next year which will b nearly 500 a year. Anybody know how I can cancel with no fees.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

When did you sign the contract?

Irish contracts usually have a 7 day minimum cooling off period that must be adhered to. This can be longer depending on the contract signed.
    Check your contract and see.
    If you made a request to cancel your contract within this period and eircom refused they are breaching the European Union Distance Selling Regulations.
    Contact the National Consumer Agency regarding this.

The cooling off period can begin when you enter into a service contract or when you receive written confirmation of the contract, whether in a letter, fax or e-mail. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Hi there, thanks for reply. Confirmation of order was15 jun by txt.They will not budge on cancelation.said its valid from when I signed which was 4 jun. To top it all off I have no internet service as my modem has not arrived.!

Hi ravenid,
    Just on to comreg. New European law came into effect on 13 Jun cooling off period now 14 days. So thanks for that. Onto eircom who are still not willing to cancel my contract as they have not been informed by comreg!! Refused to put it in writing or email to me. Have lodged complaint with eircom and comreg so we will see what happens.
    Appreciate the advice.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

beenhad wrote: »
    Hi ravenid,
    Just on to comreg. New European law came into effect on 13 Jun cooling off period now 14 days. So thanks for that. Onto eircom who are still not willing to cancel my contract as they have not been informed by comreg!!  Refused to put it in writing or email to me. Have lodged complaint with eircom and comreg so we will see what happens.
    Appreciate the advice.
    Cheers.
    Hi beenhad, I can understand your frustration here and certainly if anyone representing eircom has mis advised you, or if you have cancelled your order within correct timeframe we can help here. Our apologies that you did not receive service promised and for the frustration caused.
    If you PM me with your details I can have this investigated immediately. eircom take any such cases very seriously and we will get to bottom of this for you.
    Regards
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Hi ravenid,
    Just on to comreg. New European law came into effect on 13 Jun cooling off period now 14 days. So thanks for that. Onto eircom who are still not willing to cancel my contract as they have not been informed by comreg!!  Refused to put it in writing or email to me. Have lodged complaint with eircom and comreg so we will see what happens.
    Appreciate the advice.
    Cheers.
    What date did your broadband activate? While you may have signed on the 4th if you didn't get broadband till the 13th there your account started on the 13th

• Advertisement

Hi broadband not activated until 20 jun. I was left with no service. New modem arrived yesterday and was able to connect then.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Hi broadband not activated until 20 jun. I was left with no service. New modem arrived yesterday and was able to connect then.
    Then you can cancel your account as it starts when your service starts if they try to argue otherwise just go to comreg 

Hi was onto eircom who refuse to budge! Crazy carry on. Have reported them to comreg. Written complaint also posted.
    Thanks for all d advice. Didn't even know comreg existed till I came on here. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi was onto eircom who refuse to budge! Crazy carry on. Have reported them to comreg. Written complaint also posted.
    Thanks for all d advice. Didn't even know comreg existed till I came on here. Much appreciated.
    `Hi beenhad

I'm sorry to hear that this has not yet been resolved - Complaints logged through comreg have a timeframe of up to 10 days and contact will be made to you as soon as investigations are complete. If indeed you do want us to look in to this please PM your account details.

Thanks
    Al

Hi beenhad, I have your details now and will chase this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi beenhad
    I have just PM'd you on this issue and hope this resolves issue fully for you.
    The agent in this case was working from our eFibre map which does show that your area has been enabled but your own address has not been activated yet. This will be made eFibre ready soon.
    Our apologies for the confusion and please let me know if we can do anything further for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thank you for clearing this up! Appreciate it.
    Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Tony,
    Thank you for clearing this up! Appreciate it.
    Many thanks
    No problem beenhad

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Colm

Advertisement