Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flawless marketing/flawless corportation interview.. opinions?

• 19-06-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of this crowd or have any knowledge about them? Mant to have an interview with them tomorrow but unsure if theyre legit?..

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If you don't like Door to Door sales, and long painful hours with what more often then not is little to no money, then its really not the job for you. :P

I'd say these places are the only businesses in Ireland with a higher staff turnover then D'Icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Anybody work or hear about consultonomics? Vacancies look plentiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Snipe wrote: »
    If you don't like Door to Door sales, and long painful hours with what more often then not is little to no money, then its really not the job for you. :P

I'd say these places are the only businesses in Ireland with a higher staff turnover then D'Icon.

Thata what i was afraid of alright..
    Back to looking for bar work then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Skyrim wrote: »

Same thing as flawless I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Skyrim wrote: »
    Say what you want about them, but they have fantastic names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I pass by their offices frequently on Henry street. It looks lime you have to be a young good looking fella to get a job there. They all look about 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

panda100 wrote: »
    I pass by their offices frequently on Henry street. It looks lime you have to be a young good looking fella to get a job there.

Is that why you pass there so frequently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thata what i was afraid of alright..
    Back to looking for bar work then!

I've done both, bar work is much better. :P But I enjoy unsocial hours of the night xD

As for Bars, try the old quarter they often have a post up about looking for staff.
    panda100 wrote: »
    I pass by their offices frequently on Henry street. It looks lime you have to be a young good looking fella to get a job there. They all look about 18.

Not necessarily, a lot of these people its either their first job/near enough to their first job. And its a case of money is money.. As for them all looking like "Young good looking fella's" - not so much, but also kind of, a lot of the time a lot of them are newbies, and there may be a handful who are experienced in it.

A lot of door to door sales is confidence, and being a bull**** artist, aswell as being able to take rejection well. Apart from that you need some serious social engineering skills to start making any money, which isn't a very common skill set (ideally you want people sociopathic in nature for a job type like this) - so a lot of young people go and get drawn in by the promises they make and the more experienced staff saying about how much they had made that week and whatnot, cause you know, gullible and fresh outta school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lf1103

I have an interview tomorrow with them what can I expect?

• Advertisement

lf1103 wrote: »
    I have an interview tomorrow with them what can I expect?

Be fed bull.of all the wodnerul.things theyll.do.for you.. its not an interview so much as a job offer

Honestly, imo, its not worth it in the sslightest..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lf1103

and what would I be doing for them because i'll take anything at this point.

lf1103 wrote: »
    and what would I be doing for them because i'll take anything at this point.

Door to door sales earning feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Hi All,

I have an interview with Flawless in the morning. I was not asked had I any qualifications.
    When I enquired what the vacancy was I was told "marketing and customer service and business development if you wished to make a career out of it". From everyone's experience would you steer clear?????

Many thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Well i went for one of these roles once when i was out of work, was advertised as a marketing role, with no experience required.
    I show up, 5 minute interview where they just asked a few questions about me and my cv, then said they would get back to me tomorrow. Rang me that evening, said they would like me to come in fora second follow around interview or something to that effect, where I would be following one of their people to see what the job was like.
    I showed up the next day for it so, was driven to another town MILES away for door to door selling of direct debit for charity of some description.
    Think they got 20 euro commision on each direct debit they sold, so when you consider the DD was for a few euro each month, would be over a year till the charity would make any money on it.
    I was not impressed, nor were the 5-6 other people in my situation with me (2 separate cars), but we were effectively trapped as we didnt have our cars to escape!
    Would not do again.

Advertisement