Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Happened to the Gastro, Tullow Street?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys, not from Carlow myself but I was wondering does anyone know what happened to the Gastro on Tullow Street? I went there last year from a bite to eat with friends and was hoping to go again on a return visit, so I landed to Carlow a few weeks ago and the place was shut! With all the Christmas decor still on the windows? Anyone know is it gone for good or...???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Gone for good, did not last very long but its not alone there, particularly on Dublin street/Tullow street.

In saying that i don't know for certain what happened it but the trade was not huge any time I was in it or passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Was quite nice but I thought it expensive for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

road_high wrote: »
    Was quite nice but I thought it expensive for what it was.

Was nice when it first opened but service and general upkeep fell dramatically after that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it looks to be reopening, there was signs on it looking for staff last weekend and the xmas stuff is off the windows as of today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Was there twice and wasn't that impressed with the food or service.

Hope the re-launch goes well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭disj

Will it be re launching with the same owners I wonder? I thought the food was OK it was pricey

Advertisement