Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray

Options
  • 19-06-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am in a bit of a predicament at home/work.
    I am married with 6 children,4 are in school and 2 year old twins and one of them has Down syndrome.

My wife 39 suffered a stroke recently (22/04/14) and has made a recovery and is at home now continuing her recovery,doctors say up to 12 months.
    My wife has been given 2 hours a day home care help from Fingal County Council and this is a great help because it lets me do the school runs and errands etc each morning.
    The problem is very soon I will have to go back to work as I am on sick leave at the moment.
    This is very stressful because while my wife is making good progress she cannot do the things she did before the stroke but I cannot get back to work until enough help is in place to allow me to do so.
    I did have help in the beginning from family and friends but I could never make long term plans because the help was random.
    Is there something or someone who could advise me on how I could get back to work by getting the help needed?
    I have limited time as things stand and I fear I will end up in financial difficulties with mortgage bills and the rest.

Thanks,
    Ray.

Comments

Advertisement