Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Teacher things to make

• 19-06-2014 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all! :) Just finished first year of primary school teacher training and I was just wondering is there anything that I could be making over the summer? I was hoping to have a couple of bits to help me along once teaching practice rolls along again. I was thinking about the flashcards for students saying finished, stuck etc. Any other ideas would be brilliant.

Also if anyone has any ideas of must have products for student teachers or teacher in general, they would be greatly appreciated too!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you mean work for early finishers?If so there are some good websites to help with worksheets etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Traffic Lights

Green for I got it
    Amber/Orange for I'm not quite there yet, I may need help
    Red for I don't understand.

I use them up to 3rd year for Irish and Geography and the kids enjoy them. just print out circles or cut them out of coloured paper and glue them to lollipop sticks or put the circles on a keyring thing, you you dont have either, staple three together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Oh Loads of things to make

Make a sub pack of interesting Maths & Literacy games that would suit each class level that you could dip into if you were subbing

Make & Laminate an effective reward chart-loads of examples online

Create a booklet of simple art ideas that you'll be able to adapt for each class level covering all strands of the art curriculum

Make number fans, you'll use them for every class level (possibly)-you could add the above traffic lights idea to this

Make some whiteboards by laminating white sheets for each student and buying a bucket load of whiteboard markers, uses of these endless.

Make a few sets of different maths games (google) and bag them in sandwich bags

Make a Large Irish language Big Book using the all the irregular verbs with some cartoon or popular kids characters, you'll model a simple Irish story that could be used for all classes and levels

Print off and bind the Pssi PE lessons by strand, you'll use these forever

Gather up and print off as many drama games as you can find online, these will more or less be suitable for all levels

I'll come later if I think of more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

Thanks for all the help, some really good ideas here! :)

Advertisement