Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT for Classic, Help!

Options
  • 19-06-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I imported an 81' Jag KJ6 from the Uk a little over a year ago to be my weekend car. The car seemed fine and had a valid MOT. I changed it over to ZV plates, tax and insurance was paid but wouldn't you know it before I had a chance to book the NCT the head gasket went (JAGS!). Since then, I've had a few other minor issues which has ment the car wasn't in a position to be NCT'd as I didn't have the the time to get it fully right. Anyway, now I have the car ready to go and I'm just wondering can I simply book it its first NCT and send it through even though it has been in the country over a year, or do I need to jump through a few hoops first?

Any advice you would have would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I wouldn't stress about it. Just book it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bell23

Thanks for the responce Kenny, I'll give NCT a call soon.

Here's hoping the old girl behaves herself in the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

NCT for a car older than 30 years? I don't understand.

Diabhalta wrote: »

Only cars registered prior to 1980 are nct exempt. I new this buying the Jag but one problem after another kept me from getting it done till now.

Only cars registered prior to 1980 are nct exempt. I new this buying the Jag but one problem after another kept me from getting it done till now.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Where have you been all this time? It has been the case that only vehicles first registered before 1st Jan 1980 are exempt from test. This has been the case since the 4th Jan 2010.

Advertisement