Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SECTION 47 HOUSE

• 19-06-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Buying a repossessed house that had a section 47 agreement on it. (Restricting building on the land for 5 years after occupation by home owners family only) But allowing sale of property. It was signed by the first owners, not the developer.

The 5 year period since the agreement has now expired. Will the council expect us to sign a similar 5 year agreement, or was it just for the 5 years after building???

Also is it 5 years from signing? Or from moving in (probably still valid if its from move in date)

SECTION 47 OF THE PLANNING DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Why are you asking all these questions here? Surely your solicitor should be getting all this info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

kceire wrote: »
    Why are you asking all these questions here? Surely your solicitor should be getting all this info?

They have been known to miss stuff, its handy to know what the hell they are talking about when they charge you so much for a conversation with them ;)

Got a meeting on Tuesday and I want to make it as short as possible. And understand what I am getting myself in to.

And anybody else looking for the information in the future can find it on boards ie

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

That will be just for the first owner as it was a condition of planning... no new planning condition can be added now at this stage

Advertisement