Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delivery costs

Options
  • 19-06-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭

hi , hope i'm posting in the right forum.

I need to get a couple of pallets delivered from Glasgow to Donegal. Does anyone know which companies offer the best rates?
    Landbridge in Belfast quoted me £105 +21%+3% =£131 or €163 per pallet.

i'll only be sending pallets maybe 3 times a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

If you want a price comparison try Hales Freight. But that doesn't seem like a bad quote to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i was hoping it'd be cheaper.The prices seem to all over the place, thats why i asked on boards, in case anyone knew where to get a bargain.

A few quotes I've got:
    Hales €220 + 23%= €271
    aceexpress €135 +23%= €166
    smith transport £85 +21%=£103 or €128
    landbridge £105 +21%+3% =£131 or €163

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I did use shiply once - but it really does depend on whether you're lucky to hit on someone doing your run at the time you want to get a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

We've used DSV in the past - were reasonable for what/where we were shipping on pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Post your job on anyvan.ie or anyvan.com and you should get decent prices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Transland are coming in at around €232 + VAT for 2 pallets collected in Glasgow and delivered to Donegal on Fri 4th.
    Their booking system is a bit like Ryanair so it might be cheaper if book with more of a lead in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Post your job on anyvan.ie or anyvan.com and you should get decent prices
    tried them and got some awful high quotes

Advertisement