Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got a nice simple but tasty pasta dish?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

I love my pasta but I am always on the lookout for simple but tasty pasta dishes with a few easily sourced ingredients. Lets assume you have the basics at home: olive oil, garlic, onion, tinned tomatoes, jar of pesto, parmesan. And no problem stopping off to pick up any other key ingredient if needs be e.g. prawns, fish, meat, herbs etc

A very simple example would be Spagetti with Oil & Garlic (and sprinkle parsley).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Pasta, lidl basil pesto, grated parnasan, black pepper and salt. Absolutely lovely and easy to put together!

tacofries wrote: »
    Pasta, lidl basil pesto, grated parnasan, black pepper and salt. Absolutely lovely and easy to put together!

Does using pesto out of a jar still count?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have made Penne Arrabbiata a few times using this BBC recipe its really nice i usually add chicken to the recipe.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/229605/penne-allarrabbiata

I have made Penne Arrabbiata a few times using this BBC recipe its really nice i usually add chicken to the recipe.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/229605/penne-allarrabbiata

It's quite similar to FXCuisine's recipe! However his secret ingredient (anchovies) really make the dish !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Fry some chilli and garlic in olive oil, pour over a glass of white wine, reduce for a minute or two, then add a can of chopped tomato and chunks of white fish. Season with salt and pepper (maybe sugar). Cook for about 4 mins, flake fish and add handful of soft herbs (basil, oregano, parsley etc) and give a good stir and serve with fresh pasta! I think its delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Fry some chilli and garlic in olive oil, pour over a glass of white wine, reduce for a minute or two, then add a can of chopped tomato and chunks of white fish. Season with salt and pepper (maybe sugar). Cook for about 4 mins, flake fish and add handful of soft herbs (basil, oregano, parsley etc) and give a good stir and serve with fresh pasta! I think its delicious

I like! What white fish do you prefer? I quite fancy monkfish with this but it's not exactly flaky. Maybe whiting?

Jezek wrote: »
    It's quite similar to FXCuisine's recipe! However his secret ingredient (anchovies) really make the dish !

Anchovies can be a killer ingredient alright. I rarely use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I like! What white fish do you prefer? I quite fancy monkfish with this but it's not exactly flaky. Maybe whiting?

I just use cod or hake etc, it's a friends recipe so over probably forgot something! I reckon monkfish would be lovely with it, might try it myself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please, please use the forum search function for this. We have hundreds & hundreds of recipes in the Random Recipes thread, the Easy Peasy Recipes thread, amongst others. Not to mention the entire Cooking Club forum.

Check this out.

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

This dish goes down very well in our house! We buy the fresh pasta in Lidl for 99c which makes it even nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

• Angel hair pasta
    • chicken seasoned with lemon pepper
    • spinach
    • cherry tomatoes
    • scallions
    • garlic
    • feta cheese
    Simple, quick, delicious, reasonably healthy.

• Angel hair pasta
    • chicken seasoned with lemon pepper
    • spinach
    • cherry tomatoes
    • scallions
    • garlic
    • feta cheese
    Simple, quick, delicious, reasonably healthy.

What the hell are scallions? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Carbonara, there are a million riffs on it but I normally stick with egg yolks, bacon, lots of black pepper and lots of parmesan as per the Italian Foodies recipe

If I want something a bit more saucy I'll throw in a little cream and if I have peas in the house I often throw those in too. I love peas.

Advertisement