Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tyre substituted for old one by puncture repair garage in waterford.

Options
  • 19-06-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Yet again I've been ripped off by a trades person in the auto trade. Had new tires put on my car recently and as these things go I got a puncture the same day. So, I bring the punchered tyre to a garage in Waterford to get the puncture repaired, I'll call them "Fast Finch". New tyre goes in ,30 min later I come back and get given a heavily worn tyre instead of the brand new I had bough a week earlier.

Anyway, I feel stupid for not taking a picture of the tyre before giving it to them and leaving the garage instead of watching them fix it. Anyways, hope this helps other people avoid getting ripped off to.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

And you said nothing to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

Of course I said something to them, lot of head scratching and protestations about how they could not have given me the wrong tyre as they had no rim that matched my car. The more I pointed to the 3 new tires on the car and the worn one they gave me back the more annoyed the owner/manager got, Followed by fake indignation that I did not accept that I was wrong and was I calling him a thief. I left as it was just getting more threatening and I knew there was nothing I could do. I'm still trying to figure out how I could have stopped this happening again if I have another puncture.

Regards

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

number66 wrote: »
    Of course I said something to them, lot of head scratching and protestations about how they could not have given me the wrong tyre as they had no rim that matched my car. The more I pointed to the 3 new tires on the car and the worn one they gave me back the more annoyed the owner/manager got, Followed by fake indignation that I did not accept that I was wrong and was I calling him a thief. I left as it was just getting more threatening and I knew there was nothing I could do. I'm still trying to figure out how I could have stopped this happening again if I have another puncture.

Regards

I'd write to the company HQ. Not sure if the Gardai would get involved as it's a civil matter. Perhaps a Small Claims court but might be hard to prove.

Seems odd they couldn't find a matching tyre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Seen one the the mechanics from there crashing into another car as he reversed a car out of the garage. He tried to act like he didnt do it until a stranger came over and said he seen him do it.

Absolute cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They did a service on my last car, came back and said I needed a part that would cost me €500 to supply and fit, took the money and the part was not needed at all as I learned a few days later. They had no interest in refunding my money and I was not in a position to take them to court. Scam artists, avoid like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Regards

Sorry but this is why Cowboys like these get away with it . Giving up and just leaving should not be even considered ,If more people stood their ground and demanded answers they would not be able to put tricks like this, As for the threatening atmosphere (once its from them and not you lol) ,if they turn violent or even threaten violence it will only help your case in the long run. And would also be grounds to get the Garda involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op, did you not have a receipt for your new tyres, if so then threaten small claims court plus the resultant publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Yet again I've been ripped off by a trades person in the auto trade. Had new tires put on my car recently and as these things go I got a puncture the same day. So, I bring the punchered tyre to a garage in Waterford to get the puncture repaired, I'll call them "Fast Finch". New tyre goes in ,30 min later I come back and get given a heavily worn tyre instead of the brand new I had bough a week earlier.

Anyway, I feel stupid for not taking a picture of the tyre before giving it to them and leaving the garage instead of watching them fix it. Anyways, hope this helps other people avoid getting ripped off to.

Regards

Dam mate, I'm not gonna be as polite as the others.....GROW A PAIR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Name and shame?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

mozattack wrote: »
    Name and shame?

I doubt he/she can outright say who it was but from his OP it is very easy to work out who he/she means

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Do not name the business. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Do not for the sake of everyone else let this go.
    IF and its hard to believe but a chain stole a part and deliberately swapped it for something of lesser value its theft
    Plain and simple
    Thanks at least for.letting us know . Tje mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

don't know why anyone would even grace the doors of arseholes like this, support your local tyre fitter not a national chain, and as for servicing cars!! i'd rather a mechanic did the job and not a tyre fitter stay clear people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

don't know why anyone would even grace the doors of arseholes like this, support your local tyre fitter not a national chain, and as for servicing cars!! i'd rather a mechanic did the job and not a tyre fitter stay clear people!!!

Agree. Head down to Geraghtys. Great bunch of lads

Advertisement