Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time do gigs in Marlay Park normally start

Options
  • 19-06-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've tickets for Arctic Monkeys in Marlay Park on July 12th. For loads of reasons, the earliest I'll be there is 6. Just asking others who've been to gigs there when they usually start, it says gates open at 3 but I presume nothing will happen til 5 at earliest. AND when will it end? Presuming around 10. Just dont wanna get there to find out it'll be over in an hour and waste my time & money. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

You'll be more than fine arriving at 6. There's support acts to come on first and the likes anyway. Not sure of exact times but you won't miss any of Arctic Monkeys for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Gig will likely finish between 10.30-11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Support acts are very good for AM so hopefully we don't miss any, I won't be there till around 6 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lodc

I am looking for a bit of info as this post is on Marlay Park - new to this and dont know how to create a new query sorry! Does anyone know if there is seating at Marlay Park concerts? When I bought the tickets from ticket master they said seated but a few people have said this may not be the case. I am 5 months pregnant so would like to have an idea before I go. Also will I be restricted in taking liquids like a bottle of water/orange juice in with me?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

lodc wrote: »
    I am looking for a bit of info as this post is on Marlay Park - new to this and dont know how to create a new query sorry! Does anyone know if there is seating at Marlay Park concerts? When I bought the tickets from ticket master they said seated but a few people have said this may not be the case. I am 5 months pregnant so would like to have an idea before I go. Also will I be restricted in taking liquids like a bottle of water/orange juice in with me?
    Thanks.

There isnt any seating usually at Marlay Park gigs. Head towards the wheelchair area and I'm sure youll be accomodated there. As you're 5 months pregnant only the most unobservant of jobsworths will not notice or not allow you in. Be warned though that they usually would only have room for you and one guest. If you're with others they would have to stand beside the wheelchair area unless there arent to many wheelchair users at the gig. There's a dedicated toilet too so you wont have to go too far. They may not allow you to take a bottle of juice inside but given your condition you may get away with it. Alternatively kidnap a wheelchair user on the way in. We can come in very handy sometimes ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the great advice. Would never have thought of that. :-)

Thanks a million for the great advice. Would never have thought of that. :-)

Advertisement