Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 'Sale'

Options
  • 19-06-2014 5:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anybody studied Aer Lingus sales? I've been watching flights to Lanzarote the past few weeks and when they announced their five day sale yesterday, I checked the flights again and found they actually increased in price very slightly by a tiny €10. But it's not really a sale if prices increase! Flights seems a bit high now for September, they were cheaper earlier in the year too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seats sell. Good chance it's dearer as there's less seats left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Last year they went up to as much as €350 for flights to Lanzarote in September, I booked early this year so we got them for about €220.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It was only a matter of days between the original price and the price increase following the sale. Just assumed seats would be discounted even if it was busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it seems well documented on here that a sale shows an increase in price unfortunately. However when it comes to the canary islands, Ialways book as early as possible as they only ever go one way........Aer Lingus knows they are popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Their sale is absolute balls ... the price drops sometimes after the 'sale' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

I was looking at booking a weeks holiday in Estoril on their website. For myself and the wife it was €870.00 but when I added in my three year old price suddenly became €1,985.00 which included a child's discount!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Within a number of days of a sale price they are pretty much guaranteed to have gone up. That's their business model. As availability decreases, prices go up! Gotta be quick off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

not all routes are included in their sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was looking at a flight to Spain, €82.99 two weeks ago. Jumped to just over €100 earlier this week. Down to €91 in the sale. Ah feck it, I booked it anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement