Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed - now what?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

KAZ0077 wrote: »
    Sorry to jump on the thread, am in the same situation.
    Sale agreed, will be drawing down booking deposit and paying over tomorrow or Thursday.
    Am waiting to see how long it will take to get a surveryor to call to teh house.
    One question I do have, could I ask the estate agent to take down the advert for the property to avoid being gazumped once I have paid over the deposit?
    Hiya,
    Happy to share the thread!
    As far as I know most will not take down the ad until the property is actually sold :(

I have the same fear and really pushing everyone to get the contracts signed.

Good luck with the purchase, hope it is quick and not too stressful

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nj78

[quote="Little Miss Cutie;91191149"
    As far as I know most will not take down the ad until the property is actually sold :(

I have the same fear and really pushing everyone to get the contracts signed[/quote]

Yeah, this is generally the case. You should ask them to remove the ad. If they say no (which they are fully entitled to as it hasn't actually been sold) then say you want it changed to SALE AGREED. This might at least deter some others from enquiring.
    After we went sale agreed recently, I asked the EA to remove the ads - he did so straight away for one site and changed to sale agreed on the other site, which he said was 'good advertising' for him... Still left a lot of nailbiting, but slept a little sounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Hi all
    The work being done is not essential - we could probably live in the house for the next 10 years without having it done.
    The work was pointed out by the surveyor however upon inspection by the qualified trades person it became clear it was a bit of an over-reaction by the surveyor.
    We are very happy with the house - the price is ok in the current market and we are really hoping to move in soon :)

Thank you for all your advice :)

It's worth chancing your arm to renegotiate the price. Even if you got 7 or 8 k off the price agreed that could save you anything from 20 to 30 k over the lifetime of your mortgage.

I know how easy it is to not want to upset the apple cart when you get emotionally attached to a house but it's you that's going to be paying this money. When I was buying my house I even offered to pay for the vendors furniture removal in order to speed up the sale, thankfully my solicitor quickly kicked some sense into me.

Just talk to your solicitor about the prospect of renegotiating the price, he'll send off a lovely well crafted worded letter and if they say no, well then you lost nothing. At most it will only delay things a week or two which is nothing in the scale of things

Advertisement