Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any need to still be hanging on to paper bank statements with everything online now?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

and if so, for how long? found loads of credit card and current account statements from last couple years and I'm wondering if there's any good reason not to just bin them all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

and if so, for how long? found loads of credit card and current account statements from last couple years and I'm wondering if there's any good reason not to just bin them all?

And how long will it remain online. Web banking does not store details forever. Sone only go back three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

thanks. yeah I guess I was also asking how necessary is it to hang on to bank statements in general. As in apart from needing a recent bank statement for proof of address or something maybe, ....are there many scenarios they might be asked for going back more than a few months say?

I've generally just kept them for ages in as much as I've been lazy about sorting through stuff, but would like to just get into the habit of binning everything if I don't really need to be keeping more than a couple of recent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sober Too

If every transaction is correct no query at all, I don`t see the need to hold on to any paper statement any longer. You`ve typically I believe 12 months past statements available via most online accounts so again why bother keeping.

Advertisement