Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accomodation 2014-2015

Options
  • 19-06-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I have deferred Software Design in AIT and I plan on starting in first year in September 2014. I am hoping to find accomodation before the Leaving Cert results and I am currently looking around.
    Does anyone have any reccommendations of places to stay? Was thinking of croi oige as its convenient to the college but has anyone any experiences of it?
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

My experience with Croi Oige is from someone I knew living there.

Not sure if you've viewed them yet but the apartment I saw had one living area (kitchen, dining area and sitting room combined), bad internet (keeping in mind you're sharing with everyone else), a downstairs bathroom with shower and an upstairs toilet. One room located by the staircase to the upper floor and 3 on the upper floor. I'm fairly sure they're not all the same layout.

They also expect a big chunk of the money up-front as opposed to weekly or monthly, it's one of the reasons I never went near any sort of student accommodation the other being comfort.

Also take into account that if you've getting a grant you have to have a month in college before you get your first installment, this normally means the first installment comes mid August and can make things somewhat tight.

If you don't have a car anywhere the college side of the bridge into town should suit, but I've been told when I was going into my first year to stay away from the back end of Willow Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Contact the Students' Union Accommodation Officer: suvice@ait.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donalcrotty

I havent been to view them yet, I have seen the outside of them that is all. Is there any student accomodation you would recommend then that would be within 20 mins or so walking distance of the college? I will be in first year so would like somewhere relatively close or straight forward to the college until I get to know the place.

Advertisement