Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response I.T. Anyone heard of this company?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Was searching on Jobbridge for placements when i came across this company advertising for a network support technician. Tried to do a bit of research to find a little about them and all i can find is that the company is based in Oranmore there is no website or anything.

I came across the same advertisement about a month ago was going to apply for it then but waited and then it was gone a week later. So it makes me wonder did something happen because its back up.

Just wondering has anyone came across this company before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

thelad84 wrote: »
    Was searching on Jobbridge for placements when i came across this company advertising for a network support technician. Tried to do a bit of research to find a little about them and all i can find is that the company is based in Oranmore there is no website or anything.

I came across the same advertisement about a month ago was going to apply for it then but waited and then it was gone a week later. So it makes me wonder did something happen because its back up.

Just wondering has anyone came across this company before?

I wonder if it's the Marine Research Institute....pure speculation, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try looking on page 2 of google's results:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/response-computing-ltd

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Response-Computing-Limited-370672

I would guess they're trying to resurrect the company, using the same brand as in 2012. If they've learned from the last few years, it may even succeed (people in Ireland knock a business failure, Americans have a better approach) - but I would be cautious re working for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's the Marine Research Institute....pure speculation, of course

No, definitely not. I see one of their vans around the Oranmore the odd time, never heard of anyone having any dealings with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Try looking on page 2 of google's results:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/response-computing-ltd

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Response-Computing-Limited-370672

I would guess they're trying to resurrect the company, using the same brand as in 2012. If they've learned from the last few years, it may even succeed (people in Ireland knock a business failure, Americans have a better approach) - but I would be cautious re working for nothing.

I would doubt that Response I.T. has anything to do with the limited company as it has a different name and the company had liquidators appointed. Though I would be very wary if the current recruiters are former directors of the old company.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thelad84

Ye i just find it strange that an IT company has no working website. The only info i found was an address and opening times, which are 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and Saturday 12-4. I was thinking of applying for the Jobbridge placement for experience but think i wont do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're easily dissuaded.. What's stopping you from applying, going for an interview and then making an educated decision instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thelad84

biko wrote: »
    You're easily dissuaded.. What's stopping you from applying, going for an interview and then making an educated decision instead?

You are right biko. I might do that.

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement