Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with tenant and neighbours

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just looking for some advice on behalf of my mam.
    She owns a house.
    It is rented by a family (non-Irish) and they have a dog.
    My mam doesnt mind the dog in the house. And they are actually very good tenants.

An incident happened lately, when the guy went to put out the bins, his dog ran out (unleashed) and attacked a neighbour's dog.

Now, tis true. Its an awful thing to happen. And the neighbour's dog ended up going to the vet and having surgery. My mam's tenant is going to pay for all this. His dog is now muzzled up and they are careful not to let him out without a leash.

The neighbour has tried to have the dog taken by the dog warden. But because its private property, the dog warden cant take him. My mam still doesnt have a problem, as long as the dog is not outside without a leash. The neighbour (who the property management guy has himself admitted is a nightmare anyways) has turned to bullying this guy/and his family/racism. They are now living in fear of her.

The neighbour made up and printed out copies (and distributed to the entire estate) and that any problems with the dog (or the family) they should contact my mother.

The neighbour has said she wants them gone. I believe the neighbour never wanted them there in the first place (due to their nationality) and is now using this (unfortunate incident) as leverage.

I have told my mam to tell her tenant (who feels now he should leave) to report anything else/incidence with this neighbour to the Gardai.

Is there anything else that could be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes let the guards deal with her for harrassment, It is harassment btw and its an offence.

Advertisement