Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cs250 problem "zone tamper"

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Heya, I have searched the threads but couldn't find the same issue. My apologies there is one thread on this issue.
    I have a cs250. The system showed "battery vt fault" a few weeks back. So i did't use the system for a while. The battery is replaced now, but the orange Trouble light on the panel is still flashing. After i entered the code, the panel shows "zone tamper 5 1 floor". The engineer said the system board could be damaged due to the dead battery.this means that the system board along with the panel need be replaced. A costly repair...anything that can be tried before replacing the board and panel? Really appreciate if anyone out there can help!
    Jun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Irewnn wrote: »
    Heya, I have searched the threads but couldn't find the same issue. My apologies there is one thread on this issue.
    I have a cs250. The system showed "battery vt fault" a few weeks back. So i did't use the system for a while. The battery is replaced now, but the orange Trouble light on the panel is still flashing. After i entered the code, the panel shows "zone tamper 5 1 floor". The engineer said the system board could be damaged due to the dead battery.this means that the system board along with the panel need be replaced. A costly repair...anything that can be tried before replacing the board and panel? Really appreciate if anyone out there can help!
    Jun

Leaving a low battery in a system can pull down the system.
    Did the engineer close off the zone with resistors to test if the zone input is the problem?
    Did the engineer disable the zone with the fault by making it unused and wire the zone into another zone input on the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irewnn

Altor, thanks for the response.

yes, according to the engineer, he connected a resistor to short out the zone input, but still got the same warning" zone tamper 5". He didn't try to wire the zone 5 into another zone input on the board. He said potentially he can set the system back to the default with a engineer code ( I don't know the code since the previous installer never told me and he is out of business now.) I don't know whether there is something else missing, or it is really due to a damaged board. Thanks! Jun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Irewnn wrote: »
    Altor, thanks for the response.

yes, according to the engineer, he connected a resistor to short out the zone input, but still got the same warning" zone tamper 5". He didn't try to wire the zone 5 into another zone input on the board. He said potentially he can set the system back to the default with a engineer code ( I don't know the code since the previous installer never told me and he is out of business now.) I don't know whether there is something else missing, or it is really due to a damaged board. Thanks! Jun

The system can also be set back to default without the code.
    If you can't use the system then he had nothing to lose doing this while on site for you. I would hope by doing this he could if the zone was still showing open make the zone unused which may close off the zone input allowing you to put that zone on another zone and be able to use the alarm itself again.

Advertisement