Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Civil Defence

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked a load of times before but I couldn't see this info readily available.

I was looking to get involved in a voluntary organisation and I thought the Civil Defence looked interesting, but I just had a couple of questions - hopefully someone could help!

I'm assuming the units would meet once a week - Is there a unit based in South Dublin/North Wicklow? And would anyone know if any units around the South Dublin area are looking at taking on members?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

there is a unit in nutgrove and a unit in dun laorighe, not sure is there anything further south of that.

as far as recruitment goes, i believe they do an interview type of process(unless thats just some units)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 simo_101

Cheers for the reply. The Dublin Civil Defence website looks like it hasn't been updated in a while, I note the most recent post says they aren't looking for volunteers. Would anyone know if they are? And would anyone in Nutgrove or Dun Laoghaoire be able to advise what day of the week/ for how long do the units meet?

Much appreciated,

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

I don't know if this is of interest to you but St John Ambulance are always welcome to new members.

There's divisions (units) in Cabinteely, Foxrock and Glenageary (who meet in Dun Laoghaire).

Pm me if you'd like any more information.

Advertisement