Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japan vs Greece - 11pm (BBC1 & RTE2)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Big job for Japan versus Colombia now. Piss poor end product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Game of the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

As the weather girl from Dartland was saying, the Japanese have left their ****ing bites at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Terrific stuff from Karagounis, Holebas, Sokratis et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Absolutely wonderful game, well worth staying up for. Even though there were no goals there were so many close calls and the referee must get 10/10 for a fantastic performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd have fell asleep if Endo didn't come on.

Poor ref as well. Goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Didi "looks like the Greeks had a magnet in their heads"

No Didi they were all taller than the Japanese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well that was better than any kind of sleeping tablet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Big job for Japan versus Ivory Coast now. Piss poor end product.

It's Columbia.

Faintest hope that they'll rest a load of players but even so, they'll get demolished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gbear wrote: »
    It's Columbia.

Faintest hope that they'll rest a load of players but even so, they'll get demolished.

I blame these pesky late kick offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Only slightly better than Iran-Nigeria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Greece are my least favourite team in the tournament by a long way. I don't mind negative play, I can't stand the cynical dirty play and shouting at the ref the second (or even before) he blows the whistle against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope Japan get second however unlikely it may be, they have more to offer I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

dfx- wrote: »
    Terrific stuff from Karagounis, Holebas, Sokratis et al.

Even I can keep heading balls away for 90 mins if the opponent is a head smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hope Japan get second however unlikely it may be, they have more to offer I think

Not more than Ivory Coast.

Probably the only African team with an ounce of discipline or quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Even I can keep heading balls away for 90 mins if the opponent is a head smaller.

This. It wasn't a great defensive performance from Greece, it was more a case of Japan lacking any sort of invention in front of goal. Towards the end they figured out how to get in around the back with a few nice through balls but apart from that it was so disappointing from them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Karagounis wasn't heading anything away, he was reading the game, making interceptions as was Kone and Salpingidis at right back, Holebas at left back.

Winning fouls, taking their time. Discipline, concentration, scrapping for everything. Japan were creating nothing by the end.

There was no chance of a Greek defender sauntering back and leaving a striker a tap-in like Mandzukic last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Karagounis wasn't heading anything away, he was reading the game, making interceptions as was Kone and Salpingidis at right back, Holebas at left back.

Winning fouls, taking their time. Discipline, concentration, scrapping for everything. Japan were creating nothing by the end.

There was no chance of a Greek defender sauntering back and leaving a striker a tap-in like Mandzukic last night.

Japan had a few chances of tap ins which they fluffed, if they had a player like Mandzukic they'd probably have had 3 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cienciano wrote: »
    Greece are my least favourite team in the tournament by a long way. I don't mind negative play, I can't stand the cynical dirty play and shouting at the ref the second (or even before) he blows the whistle against them.

I reached a point where I will not waste my time watching any game, that Greece are participating in. Just checked the result and surprise, surprise, it was 0 - 0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nonsense.

Greece were anything but disciplined and organised tonight, Japan were just shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite in the final third.

• Advertisement
Advertisement