Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Black Swan wrote: »
    You in your boots, and me in my spikes, we'd be eye-to-eye. :cool:

Indeed we would.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Moar coffee.. Work dragging it's damn heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Work time for me :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm nearly done.. Twelve more hours down another two shifts to go.. Hope your day flies for you though.. Doubt you usually do bank holidays?.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning.

Got a free alarm clock from sea gulls squaking outside window.

Where is the lair rifle got to?

• Advertisement

You may have to rely on the banhammer :pac:

They're too fast for that.

Spike their supermacs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

mornin' all, it's coffee time wub.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joya wrote: »

Indeed

*slides cup across counter to joya*

• Advertisement

Its always coffee time in the Lair Joya.

You making a fresh pot?

caffeineaddiction.jpg

yup, already made one Ted (feel free to help yourself :)) - but never refusing Seph so two (pots) it will be this happy hour :D

btw I just found out that my exams are not in September but on 25th, 26th , 27th and 28th August! :eek:

edit: all 3 hours exams.... and now only 3 weeks left as opposed to 4 i thought i have...

yup, already made one Ted (feel free to help yourself :)) - but never refusing Seph so two it will be this happy hour :D

btw I just found out that my exams are not in September but on 25th, 26th , 27th and 28th August! :eek:

edit: all 3 hours exams....

:eek: , may get the books out then Joya.

Do you have many exams to do?

yes, 4 exams...
    i thought i'll have a week for each... which would be so so enough time..

i guess i'll have to switch to higher gear :)

starting today :(

edit:
    14802978516_ea2a411bdb_b.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Odd that there not at least spread out over 2 weeks.

yes, you'd think they would do that. but nope!
    some people had even two exams last year in the same day
    and when they complained they said well they have not enough time to make changes lol

(which is odd cause they have kind-of all year to make exam schedules)

but well, we'll have to deal with it :)

worse thing is that they placed it in morning times....... i do not function that well in those hours :o

yes, you'd think they would do that. but nope!
    some people had even two exams last year in the same day
    and when they complained they said well they have not enough time to make changes lol

(which is odd cause they have kind-of all year to make exam schedules)

but well, we'll have to deal with it :)

worse thing is that they placed it in morning times....... i do not function that well in those hours :o

Get a clear run of the day then, to do more study for next one in afternoon.

Nobody does :-D

You'll ace them,I believe in you :-D

I'm nearly done.. Twelve more hours down another two shifts to go.. Hope your day flies for you though.. Doubt you usually do bank holidays?.

The other nurse did the last bank holiday so it's my turn today. I get a day off for it though so I might take next Monday and take a half day Friday and go somewhere for the weekend.

We just go in and look after the inpatients and the animals in the boarding kennels.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Get a clear run of the day then, to do more study for next one in afternoon.
    yea, i guess boards will have to suffer for a while too :(
    Nobody does :-D
    You'll ace them,I believe in you :-D
    why thanks Seph, I'll try not to disappoint :D

hi PP, hope it will be an easy day at work for ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Morning noclets!

Hi mozz

How are all you guys today?

i'll be quite busy me-self.. plan is to first go over all material of all 4 exams and then start going through it thoroughly :)

btw anyone has some special technique for fast/quick learning? maybe :D

Tip 1 - > Get off Boards.

Tip 2 - > Open books.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

btw anyone has some special technique for fast/quick learning? maybe :D
    Partner learning may help. Find another who is to take the tests, ideally someone you have rapport with. Cram for the exams solo, then come together and quiz each other.

well thanks Ted & Black Swan,
    both very useful tips :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm not much for rote memorization. I find it boring. Rather, I first outline the material looking for patterns, often diagramming relationships between concepts, variables, and data. Using arrows, boxes, circles, etc., along with memory pegs (tying things I already know to things new). Often I will imagine my flat living area and adjoining kitchen, and picture storing items I need to remember on shelves, closets, desk, bookcase, etc. Sometimes I hum a favourite tune in my head while doing so, and when I hum to myself during the exams, many of those items appear in my mind. All these gimmicks are called metacognitive skills to enhance learning.

• Advertisement

*leaves a trail of magic java beans*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement