Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

That makes it worse. A younger teenager may not realise what they're doing but an adult doing that is ridiculous.

Exactly, what is normal?

Too true!

"Normal" sucks.

There is no such thing as normal, everything/one is different to the next person/thing

Yep i agree 100%.
    But because my son doesn't conform to his peers,he is excluded.
    I suppose because your average 5 year old or in some cases adults simply do not understand being different they are frightened by what they see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

magentis wrote: »
    Yep i agree 100%.
    But because my son doesn't conform to his peers,he is excluded.
    I suppose because your average 5 year old or in some cases adults simply do not understand being different they are frightened by what they see.

Ah yeah i know whatcha mean, sure I was "that guy" In school, had one friend, kept to myself, done my own thing, whenever i tried to join in to things nobody let me because I done things that were different to what everyone else done, hobbies like, so everyone seen me as not very useful to them, its funny, now the same people are asking me to do work on their motors for them :rolleyes:

I hate boasting about him n'all but i do take great pleasure in seeing his mathematical ability blow your "normal" 8 year old away.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

if you're on this at 1:30 you're not normal by default.
    Rejoice!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah i know whatcha mean, sure I was "that guy" In school, had one friend, kept to myself, done my own thing, whenever i tried to join in to things nobody let me because I done things that were different to what everyone else done, hobbies like, so everyone seen me as not very useful to them, its funny, now the same people are asking me to do work on their motors for them :rolleyes:

I hope you take great pleasure in telling them to fcuk off:pac:

I hate boasting about him n'all but i do take great pleasure in seeing his mathematical ability blow your "normal" 8 year old away.

:pac: In that case you'd love to see him up with me :pac: I can just about add never mind the rest

But yeah moral of my little rant, he'l come into his own, and when he does it'l be like watching a flower or something coming to full bloom, or awesome, if you want to put it that way

Deranged96 wrote: »
    if you're on this at 1:30 you're not normal by default.
    Rejoice!

YaaaY!

I hope you take great pleasure in telling them to fcuk off:pac:

Oh god no!

"Can you change my oil?"
    "Sure that'l be 130"

:D Make all the money! d1ck move i know, but still

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

After work drinks..turned into me coming home now...i can only read if i close one eye..not good!

• Advertisement

:pac: In that case you'd love to see him up with me :pac: I can just about add never mind the rest

But yeah moral of my little rant, he'l come into his own, and when he does it'l be like watching a flower or something coming to full bloom, or awesome, if you want to put it that way

Even outside of having autism he has his strengths and weaknesses just like us all really.
    But i have come across some amazing helpful understanding people,
    but sadly i have also come across people that are frightened by it and i get the impression that they don't want their kids anywhere near my son almost as if autism was contagious!

Oh god no!

"Can you change my oil?"
    "Sure that'l be 130"

:D Make all the money! d1ck move i know, but still

Thats the spirit pickles:D

Oh friend:pac:

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    After work drinks..turned into me coming home now...i can only read if i close one eye..not good!

All that beer and work make sammy something something.......
    Even outside of having autism he has his strengths and weaknesses just like us all really.
    But i have come across some amazing helpful understanding people,
    but sadly i have also come across people that are frightened by it and i get the impression that they don't want their kids anywhere near my son almost as if autism was contagious!

Haha ah people like that make me laugh, say boo to them and they'd take you to court

I'm jelous sammyjo i wish i was that drunk.
    That i can handle fine.
    But i hate it when i get into bed and the room spins:(

I'm jelous sammyjo i wish i was that drunk.
    That i can handle fine.
    But i hate it when i get into bed and the room spins:(

Try being the sober one....ALL THE TIME :o

Try being the sober one....ALL THE TIME :o

Do you not drink pickles?

Do you not drink pickles?

Nope! Don't smoke either, it just never took my interest really! 23 years sober, so no point in starting now! plus I never have money anyways, due to other things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Im only ridiculously drunk because i havnt eaten properly since lunch time! In at work for half 8 so alas... i must retire!
    Goodnight guys!

Guten nacht! we look forward to the hangover posts tomorrow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Nope! Don't smoke either, it just never took my interest really! 23 years sober, so no point in starting now! plus I never have money anyways, due to other things :pac:

:eek: fair play i suppose :)

I myself could murder something sweet like a bacardi coke or a kopperberg right about now

• Advertisement

Deranged96 wrote: »
    :eek: fair play i suppose :)

I myself could murder something sweet like a bacardi coke or a kopperberg right about now

Thanks! Most people actually get really offended by it when i tell them for some reason :confused: The last time I was out some guy tired to assault me over it haha

Thanks! Most people actually get really offended by it when i tell them for some reason :confused: The last time I was out some guy tired to assault me over it haha

Jeez that's pathetic some dude got agressive with you because you don't drink:confused:.

Jeez that's pathetic some dude got agressive with you because you don't drink:confused:.

Yep! Wouldn't be the first time either, it's put me off going out completely to be honest, I don't need that like

Im only ridiculously drunk because i havnt eaten properly since lunch time! In at work for half 8 so alas... i must retire!
    Goodnight guys!

Night night sammyjo i hope you don't get the spins!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Seriously, some random guy tried to assault you?!

I barely drink tbh, about 4 drinks is my limit. I just don't like the feeling of being so drunk that I can't see straight. I don't smoke either, it's a pet hate. No offence to anyone who does smoke here. :o

Yep! Wouldn't be the first time either, it's put me off going out completely to be honest, I don't need that like

I drink myself.
    Sometimes i do ask myself why.
    I do think it's an irish thing.
    I watched my father getting pissed and he watched his father getting pissed etc etc.
    It becomes the done thing.
    But there is so much more to being social than getting hammered.

I barely drink tbh, about 4 drinks is my limit. I just don't like the feeling of being so drunk that I can't see straight. I don't smoke either, it's a pet hate. No offence to anyone who does smoke here. :o

The polite, short version of the event :pac:
    He grabbed me by my collar and goes, we're going up to that bar and im shoving a pint down you whether you like it or not, so I said, well we're going nowhere and get your hands off me or you'l regret it, to which he made a laugh of me, tired to hit me, (and thanks to my mechanic for showing me a few things, he's a 4th dan black belt :D) The guy had a broken arm for his trouble

***whips out the marlboro and throws them over my shoulder***

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeepers, fair play.

Also, reminds self to never mess with toastedpickles!

• Advertisement

I drink myself.
    Sometimes i do ask myself why.
    I do think it's an irish thing.
    I watched my father getting pissed and he watched his father getting pissed etc etc.
    It becomes the done thing.
    But there is so much more to being social than getting hammered.

Ah yeah sure the same with me and my dad, maybe that's what put me off it
    it seems that if you don't drink nowadays, you're automatically no fun, boring, and no one wants to know you

Pretty crap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement