Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but i noticed something while working security at a teenage disco on Tuesday night in the local gym, are teenage girls nowadays getting sluttier & sluttier?

Its been that way for a number of years. Its getting younger every year. If I was their father, they would wouldn't see the light of day.

11-13 year old with "Juicy" & the likes printed on clothes. FFS ... No wonder there seems to be more cases of sick paedos these days.

Dunno when I turned into a grumpy old man, I'm only 31.

Guys i'm writing an essay on Drone Warfare (Haven't a clue where to start, and no smart ass replys), can anybody (Even those who live in the U.S or have lived in the U.S) give me some pointers for it, such as is it good/bad or wrong, are drones the way forward for future wars, REALLY DETAILED & SERIOUS RESPONSES ONLY PLEASE.

depends which side of target you are.

If you are controlling the drone, it's great. You can be miles away from the conflict sites & see what is happening with cameras on it.
    They have capacity to transfer supplies to troops at front. I saw a programme on BBC about testing one to bring casualties back to hospitals.

You can be anywhere in the world with an internet connection. (even a javahouse)

If you are the target, you are fcked. You have no idea when/where attack will take place. No chance to defend yourself. Troops marching over hill, standard plane approaching, you can react.

The new series of 24 deals with drones. On phone & don't know <spoiler> tags. Might some perspectives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    depends which side of target you are.

If you are controlling the drone, it's great. You can be miles away from the conflict sites & see what is happening with cameras on it.
    They have capacity to transfer supplies to troops at front. I saw a programme on BBC about testing one to bring casualties back to hospitals.

You can be anywhere in the world with an internet connection. (even a javahouse)

If you are the target, you are fcked. You have no idea when/where attack will take place. No chance to defend yourself. Troops marching over hill, standard plane approaching, you can react.

The new series of 24 deals with drones. On phone & don't know <spoiler> tags. Might some perspectives there.

I'm trying to write it from a neutral point of view, was told to keep it neutral.

Good morning & a HAPPY FRIDAY to you all :D

I'm trying to write it from a neutral point of view, was told to keep it neutral.

Neutrals would have less chance of getting in the crossfire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

happy Friday, lith! :)
    happy Friday (and quit doing liths homework! :pac:), superTed :D

happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

SW wrote: »
    happy Friday, lith! :)
    happy Friday (and quit doing liths homework! :pac:), superTed :D

happy Friday, Nocts! :D

Happy Friday Minty.

Just imparting my weapons knowledge to Lith, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happy Friday Minty.

Just imparting my weapons knowledge to Lith, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea

you could have spammed him with links about worker bees!! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Happy drones!!
    Happy bubbly!!
    Happy Friday!!

Lith, what more precisely will you be writing about? What drones are, who has them and what types there are? That type of things? ...... And who's your audience? (I'm a college drop-out so I can't help you with fancier stuff :P )

happy bubbly, Chuckles! :D

• Advertisement

Here it goes.... For Lith :)

Drones are called Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (uav) there's introduction on Wikipedia. Then you have rocket cruisers and ballistic rockets, they are also unmanned but I don't know if you'd include that (though I think I would). Also, look into ALARM (Air Launched Anti Radar Missile) - freaky stuff! :D

Include how to defend against such. Talk about it from military defense point of view. Maybe even mention how (and when) they'd detect these UAVs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Happy fried day...

and man is my head fried.....

was at an aunts funeral yesterday and was on the beer all night....

feeling rough, but in the office with Coffee and Brekkie roll....

so all good

Drones are called Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (uav) there's introduction on Wikipedia. Then you have rocket cruisers and ballistic rockets, they are also unmanned but I don't know if you'd include that (though I think I would). Also, look into ALARM (Air Launched Anti Radar Missile) - freaky stuff! :D

Include how to defend against such. Talk about it from military defense point of view. Maybe even mention how (and when) they'd detect these UAVs ;)
    I'm just waiting for nano-drones! :P
    cgh wrote: »
    Happy fried day...

and man is my head fried.....

was at an aunts funeral yesterday and was on the beer all night....

feeling rough, but in the office with Coffee and Brekkie roll....

so all good
    Happy Friday, cgh:D

Drone Warfare......

fat guys behind desks killing people....

If it's random people, that's a war crime ;)

On a side note, the misconception I'm usually met with is that the army go around killing people. Innocent people. It actually angers me. My friends (and potentially I, if I'm called for) go to fight for the rights of civilians in other countries only to be met with such bollix :P

If it's random people, that's a war crime ;)
    Nah, it's the Grand Theft Auto series! :P
    On a side note, the misconception I'm usually met with is that the army go around killing people. Innocent people. It actually angers me. My friends (and potentially I, if I'm called for) go to fight for the rights of civilians in other countries only to be met with such bollix :P
    pew! pew!! :pac:

I wish my gun went pew :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*comes running in the dòor*

Hi pals o/

Pew pew!!

I mean, howaya Dude!! :D:D

the irish drone is a paper airplane

• Advertisement

I wish my gun went pew :D:D:D
    just tape a little sound FX keyring to the gun :P
    *comes running in the dòor*

Hi pals o/
    happy Friday, Seph:D
    cgh wrote: »
    the irish drone is a paper airplane
    :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pew pew!!

I mean, howaya Dude!! :D:D

:eek:

*dives behind the sofa*

Don't worry, I'm merely practicing the sound :)
    Wolfman said not to destroy the new Lair so I'll try to be on my best behavior :D

*pops his head up from the sofa*

Ohhhhhhh right well that's great :D

starts throwing paper airplanes around.....

man these Irish air force drones are deadly ha ha

Stop throwing them at me!! The sharp end hurts :mad::P:P
    Throw them at the Dude instead :pac:

Stop throwing them at me!! The sharp end hurts :mad::P:P
    Throw them at the Dude instead :pac:

*ducks and watches as they hit minty in the head*

*ducks and watches as they hit minty in the head*

I ordered tacos not paper planes!! :mad::p

Mmmmmm tacos :D

• Advertisement

I appreciate the info, already had the uav part, can't use Wikipedia (BOOOOO-URNS BOOOOO-URNS I SAY) :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement