Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Minty keep an eye on the creativity thread :D seph art incoming :D :pac:
    woop!! knew ya wouldn't let me down! :D
    But that was lady c's idea :D nothing to do with me :D
    Damn culchie rascal!!! ;pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SW wrote: »
    woop!! knew ya wouldn't let me down! :D

Damn culchie rascal!!! ;pac:

She forced me to do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Stop listening to the devil on your shoulder Seph (Lady Chuckles)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lil Pony loving Chuckles is the devil :eek:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Lil Pony loving Chuckles is the devil :eek:

Yeah, didn't see that one coming (Behave Paws) :p

• Advertisement

Always the person you least expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

He he :pac:

this is a site for you Paws.

http://on.fb.me/1osIMXR

I wouldn't be his biggest fan but I do feel sorry for the people who have tickets.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be his biggest fan but I do feel sorry for the people who have tickets.

I think if the concerts do go ahead, those 5 shows are worth something along the lines of €50 million - But of course the Dublin residents who live near Croke Park got their knickers in a bunch over the shows. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

To be fair if i had to endure five nights of garth brookes id probably kick up a stink too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think if the concerts do go ahead, those 5 shows are worth something along the lines of €50 million - But of course the Dublin residents who live near Croke Park got their knickers in a bunch over the shows. :rolleyes:

Can't say I blame them in one way. Don't think I'd fancy 160,000 wannabe cowboys trapesing up and down the place either...and having to listen to that woeful ass singing five nights in a row..would rather rip my ear drums out to be honest :eek: Plus weren't the concert promoters told months ago that the last two dates were not decided upon but the promoters still went ahead and sold the tickets? :rolleyes:

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Can't say I blame them in one way. Don't think I'd fancy 160,000 wannabe cowboys trapesing up and down the place either...and having to listen to that woeful ass singing five nights in a row..would rather rip my ear drums out to be honest :eek: Plus weren't the concert promoters told months ago that the last two dates were not decided upon but the promoters still went ahead and sold the tickets? :rolleyes:

But those residents near Croke Park put up with all the G.A.A fans going to Croker from May through September no complaints there, so surely they could put up with Garth & his army of fans for 5 nights.

See there are two sides to it. All I know is that if it were Alter Bridge those residents would be on the receiving end of one massive hissy fit!

One of the photos I got on Tuesday night :D

10423731_891098887573069_5736119908632978502_n.jpg

But those residents near Croke Park put up with all the G.A.A fans going to Croker from May through September no complaints there, so surely they could put up with Garth & his army of fans for 5 nights.

See there are two sides to it. All I know is that if it were Alter Bridge those residents would be on the receiving end of one massive hissy fit!

That is true but how many matches do they play in Croke park in a week? It's usually one or two, not five nights in a week. Plus it's not the same massive volume of people all in one go. GAA matches are bearable and have been for years otherwise they would be kicking up holy stink over it. Usually GAA matches are finished late afternoon, not eleven o clock at night.

Look, it's a ****ty thing that has happened the fans and yeah, I do feel bad for them. Sure a mate of mine is left gutted because of it but as I said all ready, the promoters didn't have the proper permission to go ahead with the last two dates but still went ahead and sold the tickets. I understand the standpoint of the residents. But I can also how much this is going to taint Irelands image but look, do you really believe that they are just going to abandon and cancel all this? They have too much money in this. The refunding on tickets would be colossal in itself. They'll be negotiations all round to sort it out an make sure everyone gets what they want.

I think the amount of money the 5 nights were to make was around €50 million :eek:, if i were a resident near Croke Park i'd be looking at the Pros outweighing the Cons, i mean €50 million towards the local economy is FREAKING MASSIVE.

Will someone get me strepsils? :(

Throat acting up again Ms. Paws?

• Advertisement

We have thousands of people here every year for the Electric Picnic and there are very, very few that complain because it brings so much money into the town. It is a pain in the arse for about a week though. I have to take time off work because the traffic will be horrendous. I know the event is Friday to Sunday but in reality people start arriving Wednesday or Thursday before and some don't leave til the following Tuesday at least. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there are good things and bad things. More planning really should have gone into it in the first place.

Throat acting up again Ms. Paws?

Yep. It's been like this for a couple of weeks. :(

Yep. It's been like this for a couple of weeks. :(

Well that just sucks pun not intended, maybe you should go see a doctor if it's that bad.

Lol :p

It's not too painful, it just doesn't seem to be going away .. :(

We have thousands of people here every year for the Electric Picnic and there are very, very few that complain because it brings so much money into the town. It is a pain in the arse for about a week though. I have to take time off work because the traffic will be horrendous. I know the event is Friday to Sunday but in reality people start arriving Wednesday or Thursday before and some don't leave til the following Tuesday at least. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there are good things and bad things. More planning really should have gone into it in the first place.

I live in one of the biggest tourist destinations in the country. The minute the sun peeps out behind the clouds the place is swamped with tourists. I live just a mile off the Ring of Kerry and for such a rural part of the world the traffic does be chaotic. I have had people drive towards me on the wrong side of the road. I have had tourists appear at weird hours of the morning, not exactly sober, looking for the hostel or their holiday home. From March to October the place is crawling with tourists. It's head wrecking but yes they do spend a lot of money here. Still though, it doesn't mean I can't give out about them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

good morning all:)

happy friday pals:D

good morning all:)

happy friday pals:D

Happy Friday M'lady.

** Doffs cap & curtseys **

Happy Friday noccies.

Happy Independence Day Wolfie, Swannie & fellow American-ites.

OMG I feel like utter crap... :(

OMG I feel like utter crap... :(

Wanna hug?

Hope ya feel better soon Paws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Once you dont smell like utter crap all will be ok Paws.

have a duvet day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement