Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Happy Friday pals! :D

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

happy Friday, Hugo:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

SW wrote: »
    happy Friday, Hugo:D

Happy Friday SW! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Happy Friday :D

happy Friday, lith :D

• Advertisement

HF Lith!

SW wrote: »
    happy Friday, lith :D

Happy Friday Minty, where's your partner in crime today?

HF Lith!

Happy Friday, Mr. Stiglitz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Happy Friday Minty, where's your partner in crime today?
    Knowing Sparky, he probably welded himself into the bathroom :pac:

Who's his partner in crime Lith?

Seph, i nicknamed him & SW, Sparky & Minty, actually was someone else who nicknamed Seph Sparky

• Advertisement

Seph, i nicknamed him & SW, Sparky & Minty, actually was someone else who nicknamed Seph Sparky

Ah I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh wonderful, I think I could be on call tonight...

Oh wonderful, I think I could be on call tonight...

Booo-urns to that.

Hmmm 4th Of July - Independence Day in the U.S,

*runs to stash of fireworks*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hmmm 4th Of July - Independence Day in the U.S,

*runs to stash of fireworks*

Make sure & light the right end this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Independence Day is my favourite film... :o

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Make sure & light the right end this time.

I'm not that silly now Ted :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Evening all! How's friday treatin' ya?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've spent most of the last hour looking at character videos in Tekken, all very exciting :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi pals

• Advertisement

Sup Sparky :P

HMV officially opens in Galway tomorrow morning :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sup Sparky :P

Alright boi :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Just back from my father in laws. He decided to tell me a load of ghost stories and has me absolutely spooked. Won't sleep a wink tonight :o

Sleep is for the weak :P

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Just back from my father in laws. He decided to tell me a load of ghost stories and has me absolutely spooked. Won't sleep a wink tonight :o

Please share with us :D

I'll get the popcorn :D

I'll get the popcorn :D

Good man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Hayo lairings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Sleep is for the weak :P

Back in the hey day of my booze addled days it sure was. However I have an early morning and a long enough drive to Bantry tomorrow. Coffee and Red bull all the way :pac:
    Please share with us :D

Well if you insist. He was buying a house many years ago. The house was newly built by a family in the area but they wouldn't live in it and just after it was built they sold it on to another family who actually didn't stay in the house all that long either. Rumours started circulating about the house and people speculated that the house was built on some fairy fort or something to that nature. Another man bought it in the meantime but a few weeks later he was found dead inside in the house. Apparently he was a young man and was meant to be "fit as a fiddle".

People who lived near this house would say they would see things standing inside the windows of the house even though it was meant to be empty, how in the dead of night they would see lights been turned on and off and strange noises coming from the house. One man even told my father in law that he took his dog for a walk and he decided to take a wander around the outside of the house. He had the dog on the lead and when he walked through the gate the dog started screaming and wouldn't pass the gate for love nor money.

My father in law isn't a very superstitious man and he put all of these stories down to people just having vivid imaginations. The house was for sale, it was dead cheap (excuse the pun :pac: ) and he knew the man that was selling it wanted it gone and fast. However the man that was selling it didn't want my father in law to buy it. He said it would be more suited as a holiday home rather than a home to raise kids in.

My father in law then had the idea that himself and his wife would spend a night or two in the house and prove to everyone that there was nothing wrong with the place. He somehow convinced the seller to let them stay and off they went. The first night, nothing happened. They saw nothing or felt nothing unusual.They slept soundly and made no complaints about the house at all.

The second night however didn't go as smoothly. They went off to bed and a short while later my mother in law wakes up. Apparently she heard someone banging at the front door. She wakes FIL up and he goes to check but sure we all know, no ones there. He tells her just to forget about it and go back to sleep. A few hours later they both wake up to a strange humming noise. It's faint at first and they put it down to something electrical but it gets louder and it gets to the point that they can't hear anything else but this noise. It suddenly stops but the banging at the front door starts and this is now accompanied by something banging at the windows. Both of them just got up and ran for it.

My father in law met the seller the next morning and when the seller asked my father in law how he got on, my father in law told him straight out, knock the damn place.

I know it sounds like the Amityville Horror but he showed me the house this evening and it's still standing there. It's a massive wreck of a place, all over grown and parts of it have fallen in on itself. Myself and the OH took a wander around it and there was a bit of a weird vibe about the place.

Anyway here's hoping you enjoyed that Seph :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement