Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Revision Books?

• 19-06-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking of buying a few revision books for next year and am wondering which are the best ones. The subjects I need them for are:
    Business
    Irish
    Biology
    German
    Geography
    Economics
    Maths

Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Revise wise is the best for Biology, you don't even need to look at the main book. I got an A1 from this book alone. I'm not sure about the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I think that the new Less Stress are quite good in general - in particular for maths. Good layout, good explanation and samples. Personally I think that all Irish books are rubbish - as for art!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Revise wise was very good for chemistry, it has a lot of definitions that Deccie the Mad Man (<3) forgot to put in Chemistry Live"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

They're bringing out a new Rapid Revision for Chemistry - the old one was really helpful, especially if you use Chemistry Live because all of the chapters line up with how they're laid out in the book. I would imagine the new Rapid Revision will have the new experiments in it too (they're changing a few for the 2015 exam!) because it's being brought out to accompany the new edition of Chemistry Live, which has all the updated material in it. I had Less Stress.. as well for Chemistry and it was super, but I don't know that it will be updated for the 2015 exam :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

There are a number of good one's for Biology. Revise Wise is the best, but I don't think you could depend on it for an A1 necessarily. For Geography, Exam Skills by Sue Honan is golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

Thanks for all your advice guys! Any idea if a revision book for project maths is coming out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Thanks for all your advice guys! Any idea if a revision book for project maths is coming out?

There is a less stress more success one out already. Not sure if it's much good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I have the maths less stress, in fact there are two which are 9.99 each. I like the fact that they have the steps laid out in a clear manner and are easy to use. Don't think there are any other books except the activity book with active maths.

Advertisement