Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New County Council Meeting...........

Options
  • 19-06-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

...is it true that a recently elected member of the County Council could not make the first meeting...................due to having to officiate at the State Exams? I thought that all retired members of the teaching profession ceased such practice once retired!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ethical wrote: »
    ...is it true that a recently elected member of the County Council could not make the first meeting...................due to having to officiate at the State Exams? I thought that all retired members of the teaching profession ceased such practice once retired!:confused:

Your joking right.

Retired teaching are still subbing and doing state exams.

I think may be retired teachers might have been excluded from subbing ahead of newly qualified teachers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    Your joking right.

Retired teaching are still subbing and doing state exams.

I think may be retired teachers might have been excluded from subbing ahead of newly qualified teachers.

I know a "retired" teacher who is mid 70's doing subbing and correcting exams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mezuzaj

ethical wrote: »

Well it is a part time job, The meetings usually happen in the evening, strange how the councillor did not make it. We are not getting much for giving them their €16,724 annual representation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

mezuzaj wrote: »
    We are not getting much for giving them their €16,724 annual representation fee.

Bit early to be thinking along these lines.

Advertisement