Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety issue?

Options
  • 20-06-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to put this but how and ever.....

When I get onto the boards Web app my phone gives me security notices that hasn't happened ever since the day be before yesterday.... Could you clarify if there is an issue and what it may be. Also I trust it may just be a mistake and there is no security issues to be worried about?

Using Samsung galaxy s2 if that helps

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There is no Boards app yet, so you must be using a wrapper for the touch site. I would suggest uninstalling it and using the touch site until the official app becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Zaph wrote: »
    There is no Boards app yet, so you must be using a wrapper for the touch site. I would suggest uninstalling it and using the touch site until the official app becomes available.

Apologies I mean the touch. Boards site.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah right, in that case I'm going to move this to Site Development and the tech guys might be able to give you an answer.

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah right, in that case I'm going to move this to Site Development and the tech guys might be able to give you an answer.

This is what it shows me the whole time pain in the backside

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Odd, you're the second to report that even though the cert is fine. I guess it's possible your phone lacks the root cert for DigiCert, but that's unlikely.

Click the view cert button and grab a screenshot of the cert details, particularly the dates and the CN field.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Odd, you're the second to report that even though the cert is fine. I guess it's possible your phone lacks the root cert for DigiCert, but that's unlikely.

Click the view cert button and grab a screenshot of the cert details, particularly the dates and the CN field.

Will do next time it comes up... Phone isn't rooted either...

Spear wrote: »

Will do next time it comes up... Phone isn't rooted either...

Certificate.... I am not techy at all so no idea what this means

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's someone elses cert, not the boards.ie one. That cert is for d.agkn.com and it's a wildcard cert from Digicert.

The cert itself is fine:

http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=d.agkn.com

Odd that the phone claims it's not from a trusted cert provider, as the boards.ie cert also comes from Digicert.

I also can't find anything on that the same page of that thread linking there, so it may have come from an ad.

Seems that d.agkn.com uses singe pixel webbugs to illicitly track people. I'll leave it to the office or devs to comment on that.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'll keep an eye on the ads on the pages that it happens on.... Perhaps one of them will keep popping up?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement