Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mooring fee,s

• 20-06-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

where can i get cheap mooring fee,s around the dublin area ..

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nowhere :D Are you looking for a swing mooring a harbour to tie up in or a berth in a marina.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

well i have a boat and i want to keep it somewhere local to me at the cheapest rate i can get that i can pop up or out to it when it,s a nice day .. so basically where can i keep a boat in dublin for cheap that i can use on a nice day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

What kind of boat it is would be a help, length, weight etc.

How far into the 'burbs are you willing to go? Skerries? Bray? or has it to be a marina in the bay? :)

shetland 570 . I just want to keep it local to dublin bray howth i don,t care as long as i can get to it within the hour so that i can use it on a nice day .. i have it up in fermanagh at the moment and it,s a pain in the ass . takes nearly 3 hour to get to her and i have to plan my day,s and some day,s are sh**e .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Greystones are doing crazy deals, I know someone getting it for next to nothing there. Go down with cash and they will most likely accept.

• Advertisement

cheers man i will check them out ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

Get your engine serviced and get yourself an auxilary engine. That 70hp looks fairly old and you'll need good reliability at sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What about blessington lake

have a back up engine and just had the 70hp serviced so i,m ok there . blessington lakes ???? did,nt know you could moor up there ??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Your boat would be a bit big for Blessington lakes you really need to know the water as there are lots of hidden dangers :eek: I think they also have a max engine size of 6hp on the lake and you need to get a permit from the ESB.

• Advertisement

that,s that 1 out won,t be going to blessington lakes ..

Advertisement