Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Huh. I was wondering why I didn't see Game Sack make a new video this week.

They do have one coming out next weekend and that'll be it for a while. TBH I've no idea how they could pump out finely-edited 20-30 minute videos every week, it's no wonder they're suffering from burnout. With such a lengthy show, twice monthly is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Yahoo with Chinese new year coming up no more work for two weeks.

United actually playing decent football and 6 nations back too. Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What does everyone use for free anti viruses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rjd2 wrote: »

I use AVG. Always have. Just for the ease of use more than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rjd2 wrote: »

I use Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and Malwarebytes (free) scan every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I use Avast and malware bytes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cheers lads, I use them as well, was thinking of switching it up, but looking online does not seem a bright idea.:)

Anyway Leicester are now bookies favs for the premier league:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Leicester? I don't follow English football in about 17 years but that doesn't seem very realistic. I haven't a clue about antivirus stuff but my computer always seems to run alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

A friend and I have been part-time fans of Leicester for years, even when they were in the Championship. We feel like football hipsters this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would love if Leicester keep this up and win it..

Anyone else on upc broadband mine has been terrible since Christmas, struggling to watch Netflix or wwe network horribly at times

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Would love if Leicester keep this up and win it..

Anyone else on upc broadband mine has been terrible since Christmas, struggling to watch Netflix or wwe network horribly at times

Yeah, big thread in the ask VM forum about the netflix issues. I've had no problems with wwe network though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Chinese New Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Chinese new year was some crazy craic. Crazy dancing dragons,red envelopes with money being passed everywhere and music/food which I've never seen the likes of before!

They truly are a great bunch of lads:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just did my Boards Love matches for 2016,

My matches are;

Rovert,
    SarahLil,
    Glitzgirl,
    Bootup,
    Capt'n Midnight,
    gerrybbadd,
    JP Liz V1,
    gnfnrhead,
    Lord TSC,
    kitten k,
    Omackeral

I'd be lying if I said Number 1 wasn't a surprise. We really didn't get on, maybe boards saw it as a love/hate kind of relationship. The others however I do love <3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't think banned users could even show up on that. I know closed accounts disappear after a while. Mine were:

Delirium
    x Purple Pawprints x
    Star Lord
    Marty McFly
    Shiminay
    Sephiroth_dude
    Loughc
    cyberwolf77
    Turtwig
    Professey Chin
    Killer_banana

Quite a lot of mods in that list :pac:

Jays, mine are below

rovert
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    LEIN
    Agent Coulson
    Moneymaker
    Stereomaniac
    gnfnrhead
    Bootup
    jaykhunter
    MrMac84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well at least the women (just about) outnumber the men

miamee
    New Home
    Star Lord
    Loughc
    Beefy78
    Ankhyu
    Banjo
    woodchuck
    JP Liz V1
    Hashtag_HEEL
    Killer_banana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Mentioned a while ago I was organising a TEDx event and doing a talk about gaming, comics and wrestling and you guys said to pop it up when it was ready. After 8 painstaking months of videos being lost, it's finally here. Feel free to share away, I'm gonna try to spam the fed now and angle for a free ticket to meet Becky :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone else get Springsteen tickets this morning?

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

Was waiting for 2nd date but that apparently sold out now too and some of ticket prices on selling sites are ridiculous

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was waiting for 2nd date but that apparently sold out now too and some of ticket prices on selling sites are ridiculous

Reading the Springsteen thread on here some tickets are still available on Ticketmaster. Try buying just 1 standing ticket at a time. Check out the thread for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

eh i dunno wrote: »

Got 2 for the Sunday. Flipping expensive but I've always wanted to see him and never managed to organise myself to get tickets before. He's a great live act by all accounts and from watching videos of his gigs.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Got 2 for the Sunday. Flipping expensive but I've always wanted to see him and never managed to organise myself to get tickets before. He's a great live act by all accounts and from watching videos of his gigs.

Seen him 6 times already. No one beats him live. Tickets expensive but you will get 3 hours +

He one of the best acts live

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hahahah Jeb Bush forgot to renew the rights to the domain name for his website so Donald Trump bought it! now if someone goes to jebbush.com they get re-directed to Trumps site.

now thats quality trolling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Little things like that from Donald Trump make him go up in my estimations in ways, ha ha. He is, or the people around him are, in a way highly intelligent. He knows how to appeal to the lowest common denominator and to break debates down to real baseline crap.

Jays, that Hop House 13 isn't bad stuff at all.

I've just had between 8 and ten pints of it, and, can confirm, not bad stuff at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Uuuuuuwwwhhh fancy new boards.ie mobile. Looks decent.

As is customary we have to give out about how great it was and didn't need changing- fast forward a couple of days to happy "us" browsing with ease.

Advertisement