Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Des Bishop is the un-funniest git ever. He also ruined House Of Pain's Jump Around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

His fish out of water act was funny at first but it soon got old. He battered that dead horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea did you know hes an American living in Ireland!!!1! And when he visits America they think he Irish!!!1! Oh the laughs...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Des Bishop is the un-funniest git ever. He also ruined House Of Pain's Jump Around.

Don't you really mean vastly improve it :D;):pac:

Don't you really mean vastly improve it :D;):pac:

Image too big, so link http://truestorieswithgill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130915-190532.jpg

• Advertisement

I clicked that thinking I was getting a hilarious story :( Lithium you owe me a story :pac:

LeeJM wrote: »
    I clicked that thinking I was getting a hilarious story :(Lithium you owe me a story :pac:

Can I link you a Monty Python sketch instead??

Can I link you a Monty Python sketch instead??

You are lucky I love Monty Python :D

You are lucky I love Monty Python :D

This one just happens to be my favourite sketch :D

Ok Lith all is forgiven :) I really need to watch more of the tv show. Havnt seen nearly enough of it even though I have watched all the movies countless times

• Advertisement

Ok Lith all is forgiven :) I really need to watch more of the tv show. Havnt seen nearly enough of it even though I have watched all the movies countless times

Whoo for Monty Python sorting this little misunderstanding, now if only the world's problems could be solved with Monty Python clips :pac:

I watch a lot of their sketches on YouTube, helps kill time :D..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Des Bishop is the un-funniest git ever.
    Keeping it exclusive to Irish comedians alone he's not even Top 3 awful comedians. Karl Spain, Andrew Maxwell (ooh but he was great in the Panel, DB! That was 10 years ago, reader), Jenny Maguire and finally Mr. Bernard O'Shea are so much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Jaysus off topic thread is on fire today.

A few things;
    • Loved the united performance as much as the win. We actually attacked!
    • Jason Byrne is god awful as a comedian also imo.
    • City beating pool was about the right result I reckon. Happy it went to extra time too.
    • Any chance marcus rashford has an irish granny??
    • I like bullet points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Keeping it exclusive to Irish comedians alone he's not even Top 3 awful comedians. Karl Spain, Andrew Maxwell (ooh but he was great in the Panel, DB! That was 10 years ago, reader), Jenny Maguire and finally Mr. Bernard O'Shea are so much worse.

Al Porter is crap too, he's like a funny gay best friend type. Jason byrne is very average. I like the hardy bucks lads in small dose

Top 3 are Tommy tiernan, Dave mcsavage and Des Bishop

Tommy Tiernan was funny when I was 15 and thought impersonating somebody not from Dublin was funny. Now hes just an unfunny pr*ck who does his best to offend anyone to get "publicity"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Used to love killinaskilly but realize now it was fairly **** and childish in many parts. The acting from the extras was horrendus. Jimmy ,Timmy and Dan were the best characters in it also liked the guard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't say I'm a fan of McSavage. Also, one thing I hated on the comedy scene here was those hidden camera shows that were fecking everywhere for a while. I think one of them is still going, but it's fairly crap from what I remember.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    I can't say I'm a fan of McSavage. Also, one thing I hated on the comedy scene here was those hidden camera shows that were fecking everywhere for a while. I think one of them is still going, but it's fairly crap from what I remember.

The only good one I ever saw was Trigger Happy TV. The Irish attempts at the same thing were awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After seeing Des Bishop live a while ago, I can safely say he's not good. He's scared to go off script.
    Dara O'Briain, however, is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Angron wrote: »
    I can't say I'm a fan of McSavage.

Me too. His sketch thing was awful and saw him be a massive dickhead in real. Actually the first I heard of him was a slating he was getting on Boards before for making fun of a disabled person in the street.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Me too. His sketch thing was awful and saw him be a massive dickhead in real. Actually the first I heard of him was a slating he was getting on Boards before for making fun of a disabled person in the street.
    Yup, that was the first I'd heard of him. As a result, he's not the biggest fan of the site any more :pac:

Wow what an absolute clusterf**k of a PL season. Its like nobody wants to win it. LVG can't buy a win for ages then we win four in a row. Beat west brom sunday and top 4 becomes a realistic proposition again. I wont mention catching up everyone and winning the league(would be beyond.awesome).

This time last season with 10 games to go, Leicester were rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, fast forward a year later, they are sat at the top of the table 5 points clear of Spurs with now 9 games to go, amazing turn around, I hope they hold on to complete what will be a fairy tale season for them and their supporters and everyone associated with the club.

And that's coming from a Man United supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah hope so as well, although Spurs winning would be a nice story as well.

I hate to sound like a Piers Morgan parrot as the man is vile,but he is spot on regarding Arsene, he can't blame lack of money if they don't win it this year, in the last 12 seasons all he has won is 2 FA Cups, he has to go if they don't win the league this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

And that's coming from a Man United supporter.

Tbf anyone who supports teams that ain't in top 4 is are cheering Leicester by default as United, Chelsea & Liverpool have been a complete shambles. Arsenal fans must be seething wit the way its gone for them lately tho.
    Worry that the nerves are getting to them 6 more wins will be enough to win it imo. When Mahrez clutched his hamstring on Saturday everyone breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't serious....
    In a week where Man United will take on Liverpool I'm aghast to say that the MMA forum on Boards.ie may soon eclipse the soccer forum in terms of being almost nauseating to read :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭kksaints

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf anyone who supports teams that ain't in top 4 is are cheering Leicester by default as United, Chelsea & Liverpool have been a complete shambles. Arsenal fans must be seething wit the way its gone for them lately tho.
    Worry that the nerves are getting to them 6 more wins will be enough to win it imo. When Mahrez clutched his hamstring on Saturday everyone breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't serious....
    In a week where Man United will take on Liverpool I'm aghast to say that the MMA forum on Boards.ie may soon eclipse the soccer forum in terms of being almost nauseating to read :rolleyes:

Yeah the McGregor threads are a hard read alright. The threads on the Irish matches in the rugby forum have been particularly bad this season aswell.

Eh no lads football fandom still wins the crazies award.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/35744036#top-link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ERG89 wrote: »

Its very bad sadly but will never be bad as the soccer forum. You click on a thread and I feel for the poor lads type out a somewhat coherent post and all you can get in response is **** gifs and "LOL U Mad" tedious memes as the person can't be arsed to actually engage in debate or is simply not able to.

Thankfully any debates here are actually civil and actually have more substance than **** memes.

Then the delicates who troll other threads claiming "banter" and start crying when their teams get criticism.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its very bad sadly but will never be bad as the soccer forum. You click on a thread and I feel for the poor lads type out a somewhat coherent post and all you can get in response is **** gifs and "LOL U Mad" tedious memes as the person can't be arsed to actually engage in debate or is simply not able to.

Thankfully any debates here are actually civil and actually have more substance than **** memes.

Then the delicates who troll other threads claiming "banter" and start crying when their teams get criticism.

The soccer forum described in 1 paragraph and 2 sentences!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

One of the things I am proudest of on Boards is the fact that I'm banned from the soccer forum!

Advertisement