Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

One of the things I am proudest of on Boards is the fact that I'm banned from the soccer forum!

How did you get banned from it.

The soccer forum is just full of trolls I would think United Liverpool will be a nightmare for the mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One of the things I am proudest of on Boards is the fact that I'm banned from the soccer forum!

I'm banned from personal issues and relationship issues. Simply made a mistake

Got a warning off the ghost theories fourm for making a ghost busters joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think we want troublemakers like you lot around here. Mods can you kick them out please?

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've only ever posted in the soccer forum during the last world cup, but based on that it feels like the reputation it has is worse than the reality. If they reopen it to the public for the Euros I'll probably post in there again, but I wouldn't be following the footie closely enough to be bothered to apply for access.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    I've only ever posted in the soccer forum during the last world cup, but based on that it feels like the reputation it has is worse than the reality. If they reopen it to the public for the Euros I'll probably post in there again, but I wouldn't be following the footie closely enough to be bothered to apply for access.

I think the rep is worse than deserved. Most people support one of Liverpool / United and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the rep is based off their match threads which can be a mess. In general though the board is not at that standard most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I kinda thought that would be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I have a strangely high number of bans from Radio. Radio :confused:

3 doors down (the band that does the wrestling songs) all there songs sound the same. They done the song to eddies tribute and edges

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just gonna leave this here for anyone who's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Looks fantastic imo. Love the last scene especially! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I fear the tie is over now at 2-0 because I can't see us holding pool scoreless at home. Would have been a total embarassment only for De Gea stopping marbles in goal!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here for anyone who's interested.

Can't wait and we have batman vs superman before this.

Why could they not have kept it secret about the well known superhero coming into the universe. Imagine the cheers if it was kept quite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Why could they not have kept it secret about the well known superhero coming into the universe. Imagine the cheers if it was kept quite

Yep! Exactly. I've no idea, it would've been a really awesome moment. Maybe they're just front-loading getting people in the door and sacrificing the experience watching it.
    They've told you what happens in the first 2/3rds of the Batman vs Superman film in the trailers (including all the most important & new characters and their alliances) so for me I'm a lot less interested in seeing it. What was wrong with just Batman facing Superman?! Save the mid-carders for a sequel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm banned from personal issues and relationship issues. Simply made a mistake

Got a warning off the ghost theories fourm for making a ghost busters joke
    But how could someone actually get annoyed about a Ghostbusters joke, in a Ghost Stories forum? That just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Some people are very territorial about their corners of this website. I had access to some online dating hidden forum on here before but I got removed due to inactivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I guess its like people coming in here and telling us wrestling is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

asking in here instead of creating a thread, buying a t-shirt for my 4yo nephew on wwe shop website, sizes are just s/m/l anyone able to advise what size would be best to fit him? only way to describe him in his he would be normal size and weight for a 4yo whatever that is :D

But how could someone actually get annoyed about a Ghostbusters joke, in a Ghost Stories forum? That just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Some people are very territorial about their corners of this website. I had access to some online dating hidden forum on here before but I got removed due to inactivity.

it was the paranmormal fourm. i made a ghostbusters joke and got a warning. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Looks fantastic imo. Love the last scene especially! :)
    I'm just glad they put that in as full on confirmation that the Spiderman in this one won't be the one in those godawful ASM movies. I swear, people never seem to look beyond the surface of those two to see just how terrible those films were.

Spidey 1 and 2 are still two of the greatest comic movies ever made, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can't wait and we have batman vs superman before this.

It would be impossible to keep that quiet with stuff like toy deals & online leaks now (and the fact Spiderman is part of the comic story too). Everyone knows they have the Spiderman rights again.
    Looking forward to Batman vs Superman but the Snyder factor doesn't fill me with confidence. The trailers have revealed a lot so I don't expect it to be what has been revealed. I'll always think what could have been had George Miller made that Justice League movie.
    Looking forward to the solo Batman movie though. Especially if Affleck is more hands on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone ever see the animated series where they did the Superman/Batman crossover? It was from about fifteen years ago if not more. It ran over a few episodes.

At their first interaction Superman uses his X-Ray vision to see inside Batman's mask. Superman spends most of the first episode advising Bruce to leave Metropolis.

Then at the end of the episode we see Clark walking around his apartment. He picks up his cape and notices a tracking beacon. Then he walks to his open window and uses his long distance vision and we see Batman there with his binoculars who now knows Superman's secret identity. It was just brilliant the way they did that. Whoever wrote that was a genius.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever see the animated series where they did the Superman/Batman crossover? It was from about fifteen years ago if not more. It ran over a few episodes.

At their first interaction Superman uses his X-Ray vision to see inside Batman's mask. Superman spends most of the first episode advising Bruce to leave Metropolis.

Then at the end of the episode we see Clark walking around his apartment. He picks up his cape and notices a tracking beacon. Then he walks to his open window and uses his long distance vision and we see Batman there with his binoculars who now knows Superman's secret identity. It was just brilliant the way they did that. Whoever wrote that was a genius.

The clip in question, have it somewhere on video tape..

I hope the joker will be in the stand alone batman movie but it will destroy the awesome dark knight franchise batman vs joker.

Suicide squad looks good

Will daredevil be apart of the avengers in the next movies ???. I knw the guardians will be

Maybe another villain for the next Batman movie, like Penguin or Poison Ivy,

Daredevil won't be in the Avengers because reasons.. Guardians that's up in the air, up to James Gunn and The Russo's if they want to include them in either Infinity War films.

Well, my OSW shirt arrived today...too bad it was after the Saturday where I hoped that I would meet Jay at the 70mm Hateful Eight showing. I just wanted to see a friendly face.

Anyone know what ProWrestlingTees are like to order from? Want to get another Bullet Club t-shirt, and maybe one or two other things. Mainly wondering about the quality of the shirts, and the promptness of the delivery.

So according to Talksport from yesterday, Ex United defender Laurent Blanc has emerged as a replacement should Van Gaal be given his P45 at season's end.

http://talksport.com/football/manchester-united-news-laurent-blanc-replace-louis-van-gaal-manager-160313188258

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So according to Talksport from yesterday, Ex United defender Laurent Blanc has emerged as a replacement should Van Gaal be given his P45 at season's end.

http://talksport.com/football/manchester-united-news-laurent-blanc-replace-louis-van-gaal-manager-160313188258

Would much prefer this to Jose or Giggs.

Done a good job at psg not that hard tho and started a good thing with the French national team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well, my OSW shirt arrived today...too bad it was after the Saturday where I hoped that I would meet Jay at the 70mm Hateful Eight showing. I just wanted to see a friendly face.

Gah! I've never met someone with our shirt (that wasn't at our panel!) Next time. Would be awesome. We are travelling to Steiner in Belfast next week :o

Right I know what I am getting next time the funds are healthy so, an OSW t-shirt..

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Gah! I've never met someone with our shirt (that wasn't at our panel!) Next time. Would be awesome. We are travelling to Steiner in Belfast next week :o
    Well, V1 and OOC will most certainly won't be there with ya to watch 'Mania. Perhaps I could fill in if you wish...NAAAAA!

Also, one more thing I have to say about the shirt...Clint Hogan?

Advertisement