Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

PTH2009 wrote: »
    it was the paranmormal fourm. i made a ghostbusters joke and got a warning. :D:D:D
    I hope you responded to the warning with "Back off man...........I'm a scientist."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Anybody here like the horses?
    I'm doing douvan annie power vroum vroum mag treble today. Giddyup

Kankan14 wrote: »

These all won btw in case anyone backed them.

Off work til next monday. Time to catch up on raw and roadblock.

Have many here watched true detective. is it necessary to watch episodes in order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

These all won btw in case anyone backed them.

Off work til next monday. Time to catch up on raw and roadblock.

Have many here watched true detective. is it necessary to watch episodes in order?

Just watching Roadblock now myself.

I too would like to know about True detective. I've only one episode of Game of Thrones left, so am totally up to date prior to the new series starting

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 1 of True Detective is excellent viewing, Season 2 was a bit hit and miss..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have Felix Yonger and Uncle Junior for tomorrow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have Felix Yonger and Uncle Junior for tomorrow

Im all over yanworth tomorrow.

Good luck!

Im all over yanworth tomorrow.

Good luck!

You too ;)

Daredevil Season 2 drops on Netflix on Friday, that's post Paddy's Day entertainment sorted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just watching Roadblock now myself.

I too would like to know about True detective. I've only one episode of Game of Thrones left, so am totally up to date prior to the new series starting

What you need to know about True Detective: Alexandra Daddario :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Playstation's Oculus Rift killer, the PSVR, is launching in October for €399. Great price point compared to the Rift and HTC's Vive.

Cinematic mode allows you to watch videos on a screen thats the same as a 255 in screen, 2.5 metres from your eyes. Your own private cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

1st True Detective is excellent, definitely worth watching. I thought the second one was poor in the first half and good in the second so if you think you can get through 4 poor-average convuluted episodes I think it pays you back for it after.

Even if the second series had been better it would have been nearly impossible to live up to the standard set by the first one. But definitely watch them both. Is it coming back again?

Happy St. Patricks Day

Same to you Liz. Hope it's been a good one. I was working all day but got to see a parade too.

Was betting on the horses for cheltenham (small.for fun) and flicked through the threads each day on horse racing forum, my god it was like a utd v pool match thread! It really does happen everywhere here doesnt it. Ive seen it too on munster v leinster threads and after hours on a sat night or when a major event happens. Just abdolute needless nonsense!

Never seen it really bad on PW tho thankfully.

@MODS every messy here? Esp this time of year with Mania and blow ins?

Also mc gregor fights diaz in a rematch at ufc 200 for those interested in ufc at welterweight I believe. whatever difference that makes. Non title I assume?

Also mc gregor fights diaz in a rematch at ufc 200 for those interested in ufc at welterweight I believe. whatever difference that makes. Non title I assume?

That'll be an interesting fight if it happens, hopefully McGregor has learnt his lesson after UFC 196 and avoids getting tapped by Diaz, and yes it will be a welterweight non title fight.. Guessing the UFC want to keep that for McGregor/Dos Anjos somewhere down the line..

United win today, and Liverpool lost, definitely a good day :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    United win today, and Liverpool lost, definitely a good day :D

Some craic if we or even the hammers sneak 4th place and pep arrives at city with no champions league football to look forward to!

• Advertisement

Some craic if we or even the hammers sneak 4th place and pep arrives at city with no champions league football to look forward to!

I'm crossing my fingers it happens.. Preferably Man United sneaking 4th place.. Ever since City announced Pellegrini was leaving at season's end, the players have seemed to down tools completely, and I took great pleasure in winding up the City fan I know after today's result, pleased she was not :D

I do get the feeling the likes of yaya toure and demichelis(to a lesser extent) know their days as a city player are numbered and they just couldnt be fu**ed fighting for a CL spot.
    Sure hope so anyway then we get in mourinho and let the crazy mind games begin :)

I do get the feeling the likes of yaya toure and demichelis(to a lesser extent) know their days as a city player are numbered and they just couldnt be fu**ed fighting for a CL spot.
    Sure hope so anyway then we get in mourinho and let the crazy mind games begin :)

I think Pep would keep Yaya Toure, but he'd need to deliver game after game, can't slack off when it goes sideways... Demichelis, Rashford absolutely skinned him this afternoon, and made a fool of him for the goal :D

There will be a lot of coming and going at City in the summer months me thinks.. Mourinho vs. Pep would certainly be some way to spice up the derby...

I was under the impression the reason yaya left barca was because he didn't fit peps plans/style.
    Ya either way they'll sign 4 or 5 top players this summer imo.

Rashford has so much potential just need the british media machine not to hype him up to death

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This summer will be the craziest in terms of premiership transfer fees I can remember for so many reasons.

1) There is increased spending from traditional "Smaller clubs" already due to the new TV deal (see W.Ham linked to players like Lacazette and Oxlade-Chamberlain over the weekend for example.
    2) Pep to City where he was no doubt guaranteed a big cash warchest to build his team this will esp be the case with them a good bit off the pace this year.
    3) Mouriniho to Utd although tbh just Utd being united cos they have been spending like mad be it Moyes or LVG and I doubt that'll change in Jose's first season esp given how threadbare the squad has been for much of this season.
    4) Chelsea with a new manager as well (probably Conte) trying to get last years champions back in the mix and having to potentially replace playrs like Terry and Hazard.
    5) Klopps first Summer at Liverpool as he tries to put his stamp on the team and compete with the above
    6) Speaking of competing with the above Arsenal have the money as they showed with Ozil / Sanchez and if they don't spend it this summer not only will their fans go mad cos everyones seen their cash reserves but they will also no doubt be passed out and maybe lose out on CL footie let alone the league.
    7) If Rafa is at Newcastle (as in if they stay up) he has no doubt been offered a decent warchest too)
    8) Spurs & Leicester will have champions league football to offer players and will wanna bring in quality while they do in the hope that it won't only be next season that they can offer that to them.
    9) newly promoted teams spending their TV money a la Bournemouth in January so that they can hopefully stay in the premiership or at least set themselves up to be capable of bouncing back the following year.

Eddie Howe's budget at Bournemouth is going from trying to turnover 100k to break even a couple of years ago to having circa 50million to spend this summer is gonna be epic to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think next year could be an even weirder season then this with the money invovled.

Even the suppossed smaller clubs can buy 20 million pound players which can drastically change the league as well as being able to offer more wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eddie Howe's budget at Bournemouth is going from trying to turnover 100k to break even a couple of years ago to having circa 50million to spend this summer is gonna be epic to watch.

I think he has probably spent nearly 50m in the last 9 months already.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I think he has probably spent nearly 50m in the last 9 months already.

Ya I was just throwing that figure out there. The power of premier league money really is unreal.

Makes me wonder why villa higher up gave up about 4 months ago. Surely worth fighting tooth and nail to avoid the drop this year of all years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ya I was just throwing that figure out there. The power of premier league money really is unreal.

Hasn't there been a billion spent in the last year in the PL yet the standard of it(especially the big clubs) is still quite poor.

Advertisement