Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I was thinking today.

A forum I really love going to is the (relatively) new AMA forum in Social & Fun. There was an NFL related person quizzed around the time of Superbowl 50. Given that we're at the height of Wrestling Christmas (Royal Rumble-Mania) could be fun to get "I'm a Pro Wrestling Fan" or some sort of equivalent on AMA.

I hate to be that guy that points at somebody else but would anyone be game?
    Jay could be great to get, giving OSW and it's success.

Application form:

https://docs.google.com/a/boards.ie/forms/d/1xdbM0yazWnENrtb9QvfDo8v58_ky7xCCW-QTUCr8GUM/viewform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd be game for it, but I'm sure there are other far more worthy candidates for it on here. Has anyone applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The England Germany thread in the soccer forum makes for hilarious yet frustrating reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Went to the parade today. I passed by a nice spot near the Parnell statue and thought 'nah, I can get better than that.' I soon realised how wrong I was. I was walking for ages before I found a decent spot. :pac:

I enjoyed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watched the Daniel Bryan special on the WWE Network last night, that special was right in the feels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw Tommy tiernan last night and have to say the show was a pale comparison of what he was in the past. Some funny bits but id give the show about 5.5 out of 10.

The annoying Fred Cooke supported him and he is as annoying and plastic as he is portrayed in republic of tele, the fear etc. U could of thought of the same jokes urself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw Tommy tiernan last night and have to say the show was a pale comparison of what he was in the past. Some funny bits but id give the show about 5.5 out of 10.

The annoying Fred Cooke supported him and he is as annoying and plastic as he is portrayed in republic of tele, the fear etc. U could of thought of the same jokes urself.

never got the appeal of tiernan. always found him unfunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    never got the appeal of tiernan. always found him unfunny

The constant use of the f word, the whispering thing etc can be annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I never thought Tommy was funny either. Too shouty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The constant use of the f word, the whispering thing etc can be annoying
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I never thought Tommy was funny either. Too shouty

So he cancels it out? Never watched any of his stuff so can't comment. Have only seen a few comedians live. Only one I wasn't a fan of was Des Bishop. Dar O'Briain, Sean Hughes, Billy Connolly and Neil Delamere were really enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One comedian I'd like to see live would be Dylan Moran. Black Books is still one of my favourite shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I was embarrassingly unaware there was a movie of entourage made. Came across it on sky movies today and sky plussed it. Hope its good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I was embarrassingly unaware there was a movie of entourage made. Came across it on sky movies today and sky plussed it. Hope its good!
    Ugh. Entourage. Such a loathsome show. And hey. Mark Kermode is on the same page as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Someone should rename this thread to the "Dying at work support thread". Any tips for getting through it apart from lots of coffee? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lots of Monster is what's getting me through :pac:

Christ, I'm tired today.

Just getting into bed at about 5:15,and the baby woke for a bottle. So it was about 6:45 before I crawled into bed.

Had to be up then for 9:45 as the wife is bringing the young uns to playgroup.

To top it all off, I have an end of year exam tomorrow, so I have to dedicate the day to study.

I really regret staying up for that last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Torres hates Barca,proper hates em.

Scores get booked and gets a red inside 35mins. stupid bookings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Christ, I'm tired today. Just getting into bed at about 5:15,and the baby woke for a bottle. So it was about 6:45 before I crawled into bed. Had to be up then for 9:45 as the wife is bringing the young uns to playgroup. To top it all off, I have an end of year exam tomorrow, so I have to dedicate the day to study. I really regret staying up for that last night!

You can do it! Like aul HBK kip up and superkick that exam!

Yo, anyone here use Parcel Motel? Wanting to buy stuff from UK on Amazon but if it's from private sellers (i.e. not amazon themselves) the P&P is atrocious. i.e. items £60 and P&P £40. Ludicrous!

Yeah, I use them. They're handy and I've had no bother with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I've never had any trouble and I've bought electronics aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I love it. Peace of mind that it will be signed for and ready whenever you want within 3 days. Great value considering what you saved on the Belfast address.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yo, anyone here use Parcel Motel? Wanting to buy stuff from UK on Amazon but if it's from private sellers (i.e. not amazon themselves) the P&P is atrocious. i.e. items £60 and P&P £40. Ludicrous!

I swear by Parcel Motel, it really is very handy. You can even load up a wallet in your account, to use for future deliveries.

Thanks guys. Tried ordering and put in the supplied Co. Antrim address, and the item was updated to not include Northern Ireland! Is there any tricks to use England-only addresses?

An Post have a new service as well. Haven't used it myself but they have a England address
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

CastorTroy wrote: »
    An Post have a new service as well. Haven't used it myself but they have a England address
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

This one is a bit of a pain in the pipe though, because you have to get to your local post office before it closes.

Whereas with Parcel Motel, you can collect anytime you like within a certain time frame.

Yeah, I'd use Parcel Motel before others, but just since need an address in England.

On another note, thinking of upgrading my phone.
    I'm not someone who spends a fortune on phones. Last 3 cost less than €100. Currently on Lumia 520. Any suggestions?
    3 I was looking at were the Vodafone Smart Prime 6 or to go for a change and more expensive, One Plus Two or One Plus X.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd use Parcel Motel before others, but just since need an address in England.

On another note, thinking of upgrading my phone.
    I'm not someone who spends a fortune on phones. Last 3 cost less than €100. Currently on Lumia 520. Any suggestions?
    3 I was looking at were the Vodafone Smart Prime 6 or to go for a change and more expensive, One Plus Two or One Plus X.

I'm using a Huawei Ascend G7, free on 3, 25 quid a month contract. Looks very similar to the iPhone 6S, but running Android.

Very large battery, great camera, good all round specs. It appeared in many top ten lists last year. 9/10 overall on Trusted Reviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/huawei-ascend-g7-review

Wouldn't go the contract route. a €30 top up can last me 2 months and I know what I'm spending. Was on a contract before and found I was wondering if I was going to be charged for some things like roaming.

Though it is only €169.99 on their site. I'm Vodafone so would have to get it unlocked anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm using a Huawei Ascend G7, free on 3, 25 quid a month contract. Looks very similar to the iPhone 6S, but running Android.

Very large battery, great camera, good all round specs. It appeared in many top ten lists last year. 9/10 overall on Trusted Reviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/huawei-ascend-g7-review

Snap... tis a great phone. Great battery life compared to my old htc 420.

Advertisement