Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Would highly recommend Archos myself, and I can personally vouch for the Archos 55 Platinum. AFAIK they're not available in physical shops in Ireland, but you can order from their website. Have had one for several months and couldn't be happier with it. They have loads of other budget-but-decent phones and tablets too, definitely worth a look. Battery life not great, has to be charged every two days, less with excessive use, but still value for money in terms of function and power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone got any tips for the Grand National? I have Gallant Oscar as one of my choices but I'm looking for another one. Any shrewd punters on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was asking someone who would usually have tips this evening but they weren't telling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Silvinaco Conti and The Druids nephew for me. The latter was going very well when he fell in this last year and the former is such a clever,neat jumper if he has the stamina for four and a half miles he'll there or thereabouts!

Good luck us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've a e/w bet on O'Faolains Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well that was terrible, but fair play to Spurs, they were clearly up for it, boot Van Gaal now, and call José..

I nearly west ham batter us in the cup!

No way we get 4th now. Even of citeh drop points we will match that against weaker opposition regularly.

West Ham will batter us, that's the sad part, there used to be fear in playing Man United, but Van Gaal has done away with the fear factor, now they are playing scared, too afraid to be swashbuckling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

New title thread : united are poo... and im a utd fan

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I've a e/w bet on O'Faolains Boy

Non runner in end for me :(

Anyone recommend a good free anti virus, think it was discussed here before

beakerjoe wrote: »
    New title thread : united are poo... and im a utd fan

Or Man United: How The Mighty Have Fallen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Or Man United: How The Mighty Have Fallen.

Van Gaal out has a nice ring to it. Love his youth policy, but his tactics beggar belief

I like our chances of having Jose confirmed pre-euro's now!
    Non runner in end for me :(

Anyone recommend a good free anti virus, think it was discussed here before

Better than my two losers liz at least you get money back :)

http://www.google.ie/url?q=http://free.avg.com/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjR7Z_Y64TMAhVCHA8KHaRRCXgQFggaMAA&sig2=7F6dmJhtdc0K4_C4lkqi1g&usg=AFQjCNE1mj_hJA8qs1PRq_iOD-2W2LgVIA

Pretty sure this is the one I use.

Edit: that is for Android phones/tablets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The world of thread titles doesn't revolve around Manchester United guys, no matter how bad they are. Reckon Jose is too toxic for a club like United though. I wouldn't be so keen to take him on-board.

Well it's José or Giggs... :pac:,

Not sure who I'd really want to be manager.

Id take jose over giggs atm.
    Also he cant be any more toxic than LVG has been.

As for thread title its perfect as it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jose will be another terrible appointment in the end for United but tbh I'm not too sure what other manager would come in at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jose will be better than LVG (who I don't rate better than Moyesie's time) but you'd have to worry what happens after that first season love-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jose will be better than LVG (who I don't rate better than Moyesie's time) but you'd have to worry what happens after that first season love-in?

Conspiracy theories & then he does something embarrassing like berate a physio or poke someone in the eye.
    Could be worse. I pity anyone who supports Villa. Must be said Sunderland, Newcastle & Norwich all deserve to go down with them too.
    Any time I look at the top of the table I just think of how much Arsenal must be kicking themselves the way they have blown such a good chance as the usual suspects have nearly all made the move to improve themselves after having shambolic seasons.

• Advertisement

Epic finish to the golf!

Been watching videos on YouTube of Guns N' Roses 2 nights in Las Vegas over the weekend, have to admit it's weird knowing Slash is back in the band after almost 20 years away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The golf has been compelling tv for the last 45 mins. Come on Willett

Give Keano a chance :p

Roy Keane, manager of Manchester United, well it certainly would shake things up a bit, and give the players a kick up the backside.

LeeJM wrote: »
    The golf has been compelling tv for the last 45 mins. Come on Willett

Amen corner really fu**ed up spieth's, march to victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I cheered the his first shot into the water at 12. Then I felt sorry for him as soon as he shanked his drop shot. But Willetts story is brilliant. Its what Majors are all about

Roy Keane, manager of Manchester United, well it certainly would shake things up a bit, and give the players a kick up the backside.

Yes he would definitely give them a kick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I just want his opinion on how Jack Grealish is getting on now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they'd be lucky to avoid relegation

Advertisement