Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Heading to Real Madrid/ Wolfsburg tonight. Could quite possibly be one of the greatest games I'll ever see or Wolfsburg could grab an early goal and suck complete life out of proceedings.

Either way, banking on a whopper atmosphere. Please please please may Real be that juggernaut they can be and hopeful Ronaldo gonna Ronaldo.

*iitt's the cccchhhhamppp-peeeee-onnnnn leeeeegue. The champions!!!! Duh duh dada!!!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Heading to Real Madrid/ Wolfsburg tonight. Could quite possibly be one of the greatest games I'll ever see or Wolfsburg could grab an early goal and suck complete life out of proceedings.

Either way, banking on a whopper atmosphere. Please please please may Real be that juggernaut they can be and hopeful Ronaldo gonna Ronaldo.

*iitt's the cccchhhhamppp-peeeee-onnnnn leeeeegue. The champions!!!! Duh duh dada!!!*

Ah its set up to be a classic, even an early Wolfsburg goal wouldn't write off Madrid , they could easily score 4 when on form.

Theres nothing like hearing that champions league music live, no matter which ground you are in. You'll have a blast I'm sure

Don't forget to vote in the draft before the deadline ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Enjoy man. I hope Ronny bangs in a hat-trick. CL nights are so awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭kksaints

Should be a cracker. Hope Wolfsburg can hold on. Enjoy!

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Enjoy man. I hope Ronny bangs in a hat-trick. CL nights are so awesome.

lol I should be a clairvoyant.
    Why didn't I put a tenner on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

lol I should be a clairvoyant.
    Why didn't I put a tenner on it :(

Unlucky lad.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Unlucky lad.

Good for ShagNasti though sounded like the place was rockin!

Good for ShagNasti though sounded like the place was rockin!

Aye, Spanish crowds can be great.. Actually have to take in a Champions League game at some point in the next few years.

Anybody seen the series peaky blinders?
    Someone recommended it to me!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Aye, Spanish crowds can be great.. Actually have to take in a Champions League game at some point in the next few years.

Luckily the next time we get there (assuming we do qualify eventually again) LVG wont be there and you might get an enjoyable game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...anyone hear of Scott Steiner opening up a chain restaurant?

http://patch.com/georgia/acworth/big-poppa-pump-opens-acworth-shoneys-0
    ACWORTH, GA -- Legendary pro wrestler Scott Steiner is Shoney's newest franchisee, and their Acworth restaurant will celebrate a grand opening on Tuesday, April 12.

Steiner, an Acworth resident himself, will be on hand to sign autographs at the opening, along with another well-known wrestling star, Kevin Nash. Guests will receive a free slice of Shoney’s Hot Fudge Cake. Also, Steiner, along with professional wrestler and actor Kevin Nash, will be available for autographs.

The 6,000-square-foot restaurant is located at 1129 GA-92 (Highway 92, exit 277 off of I-75) in Acworth.

Steiner and wife Christa have been wanting to open a Shoney’s for years so when the opportunity arose to rebuild an existing one in the community where they live, they jumped on it. The Rechsteiners are active in the local community, with Christa volunteering for the PTA and Scott coaching 6th grade football.

In September 2015, Steiner drove the bulldozer that helped demolish an older Shoney’s in order to accommodate a brand new Shoney’s and a fresh start for the brand in Acworth.

In addition to Steiner and Nash, Kennesaw State Football coaches and players will take part in the grand opening festivities.

38FJ1aT.jpg

OY94NG.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Let's hope he has someone else doing his accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,346 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes great show and season 3 is starting soon

Looks like the site is playing up again, I'm getting blank pages now

Heading to killarney for the weekend with the wife. Sad state of affairs that im worried about not seeing soccer saturday because we will be out all day :(

Anybody been there or know a spot where we could have a carvery sunday and catch the soccer sunday afternoon(accidently of course ;) ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Pretty much any of the ten million hotels in the town I reckon! Sorry I've only been there a couple of times myself but it's not short of places to get grub and I'm sure most of them will have the football on.

Heading to killarney for the weekend with the wife. Sad state of affairs that im worried about not seeing soccer saturday because we will be out all day :(

Anybody been there or know a spot where we could have a carvery sunday and catch the soccer sunday afternoon(accidently of course ;) ).

Danny Mann in town centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm incredibly sick of being broke. Checked the account there, €185 overdrawn. I'm constantly trying to think of ways to come up with some money making venture, but usually draw a blank.

Not getting paid until Thursday, and will have to fill the car before that, further adding to the O/D. And to top it all off, my young fella is getting Christened on Sunday, so as soon as the wages go into the account, they'll be coming back out again, and possibly back into an O/D again.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm incredibly sick of being broke. Checked the account there, €185 overdrawn. I'm constantly trying to think of ways to come up with some money making venture, but usually draw a blank.

Not getting paid until Thursday, and will have to fill the car before that, further adding to the O/D. And to top it all off, my young fella is getting Christened on Sunday, so as soon as the wages go into the account, they'll be coming back out again, and possibly back into an O/D again.
    I feel your pain bro. Getting married meant being broke for about two years in the lead up to it for us. Deposits here and there along with everyday bills. I eventually did some mystery shopping work in my spare time to earn an extra few quid. This helped two fold I was earning a little more but also spending less. I didnt realise I was spending about 200-250 most weekends between gambling,golf and socializing. It was money I never missed when single but very noticable once we got engaged.

EDIT: gerry feel free to pm me for deets on mystery shopper work if you fancy giving it a bash.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel your pain gents, I'm getting married next year and starting this month in the space of 5 weeks, I have 2 Confirmations, 1 Communion, 1 Christening (I'm Godfather) and my Mam's 70th to fork out presents for.

On a side note I'm selling a kidney if anyone is interested....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its excellent. Series 2 is top class

Re being broke, I hear that. Wife is only back at work after the baby, so she gets her first full pay in a year on Friday, so hopefully we are able to hold some of that and not blow it sky high.

Feel free to.send that mystery shopping moon money my way. Kids are expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm on less hours the last while in work so it's a bit tighter. Is everyone here working full time?

I'm on less hours the last while in work so it's a bit tighter. Is everyone here working full time?

Have a contract for 35 hours. Most weeks its 50 though.
    Badly wanted when the wife decides we "need" to upgrade cars,phones,kitchens. Everything.

I'm on full time hours.

When my wife got pregnant with our first lad (he's 20 months) we figured out it would be cheaper for her to stay home than return to work. So I'm paying the mortgage (only 2 years into it!) and paying for 2 cars (I need mine for work, 45 mins drive away)

I must be crazy!

Oh it's definitely game on in the title race, Spurs beating Stoke 0-4.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm on full time hours.

When my wife got pregnant with our first lad (he's 20 months) we figured out it would be cheaper for her to stay home than return to work. So I'm paying the mortgage (only 2 years into it!) and paying for 2 cars (I need mine for work, 45 mins drive away)

I must be crazy!
    In similar circumstamces, we have a now 1 and a half year old girl, childcare is just too expensive, dont know why anyone bothers. Thank god ive my parents to mind her while we both work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Have a contract for 35 hours. Most weeks its 50 though.
    Badly wanted when the wife decides we "need" to upgrade cars,phones,kitchens. Everything.
    I'd love to move into that stage of my life but I don't think I could manage the stress. I'm only on 47 1/2 hours a fortnight but often end up doing over 100 hours.

Netflix finally caught up to my VPN shenanigans, so I've been relegated back to the Irish service.

I was browsing through, and it seems they have a nice big Anime section now. Now, I have never really watched Anime, but have heard great things.

I started watching Attack on Titan the past few nights. Seems great so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Aside from Pokemon, Attack on Titan is the only anime I've watched and I loved it. The only season I'm looking forward to the return of more is the return of Bojack Horseman.

Advertisement