Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What is mystery shopping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What is mystery shopping?

Open to correction here but, basically you enter the shop anon, but have a list of things to look out for, and to grade the shop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's basically what it is. The shops sign up for it I think, so they know how they're doing better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Netflix finally caught up to my VPN shenanigans, so I've been relegated back to the Irish service.

Ya, likewise. I can still access Canadian, Australian etc, but cannot get US anymore. Pain in the ass really. Im sure a new walk around will be devised soon.

Also, Netflix themselves issued a statement say they basically do not care if people use VPNs, but must tow the appropriate lines. They also said they are working toward a region free Netflix which would be great.

That's been talked about for a while. But I won't get too excited until I see what's actually available on the thing. Will it just be all of the stuff that people aren't too bothered about seeing? I just spent the afternoon watching Pretty Little Liars though so my standards are low.

• Advertisement

That's been talked about for a while. But I won't get too excited until I see what's actually available on the thing. Will it just be all of the stuff that people aren't too bothered about seeing? I just spent the afternoon watching Pretty Little Liars though so my standards are low.

My read of it was all content will be available to everyone regardless of region.

Like US Netflix has Cheers which In was working my way through again, but nothing else does.

Likewise the ESPN 30 for 30s :mad:

If an integrated Netflix happened, we would have these and US Netflix would have Luis Theroux etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I do adore the 30 for 30 stuff, the Escobar one the standout but also liked One Brothers and The Best Their never and off course the U among others.

gimmick wrote: »
    Ya, likewise. I can still access Canadian, Australian etc, but cannot get US anymore. Pain in the ass really. Im sure a new walk around will be devised soon.

Also, Netflix themselves issued a statement say they basically do not care if people use VPNs, but must tow the appropriate lines. They also said they are working toward a region free Netflix which would be great.

Oh, I hadn't realised that the Canadian etc service was still available! The Canadian one can often be better than the US service anyhow. I think the Brazilian one has UFC ppvs on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't used Netflix in over a year. Was going to ask my old housemate if I could use their account to watch Doctor Who, but then I found out it was taken off Netflix by the BBC.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I do adore the 30 for 30 stuff, the Escobar one the standout but also liked One Brothers and The Best Their never and off course the U among others.

I Hate Christian Laettner is another stand out. No Crossover is decent. And theres one from June 1994. Wolrd cup kicked off, Islanders (or whoever the Ice Hockey team is) won the Stanley Cup, OJ Simpson chase happened. It mixes them all in together. Excellent viewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I Hate Christian Laettner is another stand out. No Crossover is decent. And theres one from June 1994. Wolrd cup kicked off, Islanders (or whoever the Ice Hockey team is) won the Stanley Cup, OJ Simpson chase happened. It mixes them all in together. Excellent viewing

Yeah familiar with them all, if you avoid the Marion Jones and Michael Jordan ones you can't go wrong.

Looking forward to the OJ series they have coming, yeah its old ground, but the OJ story will never be boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Netflix finally caught up to my VPN shenanigans, so I've been relegated back to the Irish service.

I was browsing through, and it seems they have a nice big Anime section now. Now, I have never really watched Anime, but have heard great things.

I started watching Attack on Titan the past few nights. Seems great so far

Don't know what anime is on Netflix, but if they're on there, I would recommend Cowboy Bebop, the original Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah familiar with them all, if you avoid the Marion Jones and Michael Jordan ones you can't go wrong.

Looking forward to the OJ series they have coming, yeah its old ground, but the OJ story will never be boring.

The worst 30 for 30 I watched was about some guy trying to buy the first rules ever written for I think basketball which were up for auction. So boring I cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Trolling imo hes drawing millions couldn't see him stopping.
    Unless of course the Carvalho death ( he attended the fight) had a really bad effect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, hope he is joking....

Just sayin...

383730.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He has some gob, so if he did wind up in WWE he'd do all right I'd say :pac:

In fairness, he only said he was to retire young. Not right now. He's only 27. He could retire in 3 years time, and still have retired young

In fairness, he only said he was to retire young. Not right now. He's only 27. He could retire in 3 years time, and still have retired young

Ugh, the moment you realise McGregor is younger Than you are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

18 days too late with that imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I was browsing through, and it seems they have a nice big Anime section now. Now, I have never really watched Anime, but have heard great things.

I started watching Attack on Titan the past few nights. Seems great so far

same. I was using unblockus since the WWE Network launch and using it for multi-region Nflix and BBC Player. I cancelled it a while ago after the Netflix lockdown, unblockus' New settings didn't work.

I want an online library of the widest selection of films where I can find what I want. A tall order but the muli-region satisfied me for .

My read of it was all content will be available to everyone regardless of region.

Like US Netflix has Cheers which In was working my way through again, but nothing else does.

Likewise the ESPN 30 for 30s :mad:

If an integrated Netflix happened, we would have these and US Netflix would have Luis Theroux etc etc etc
    I was using Hola Better Internet to unblock Netflix before, and that's what I was using when I first accessed the WWE Network as well. I really didn't get much viewing in on the U.S Netflix though because I found I had enough on our one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just sayin...

383730.jpg

Don't think he will ever go to the WWE. it may be fake but has very close similarities to mma and there's smaller chances of injury and **** loads of $$$$$$$ can be made.

More chance of the kilkenny minor footballers winning the all Ireland than mcgregor joining the wwe TBH

Sum laugh if he ends up taking part in the WWE crusierweight competition lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could we see him as one of those celebrity hosts?

At the risk of sounding like a 60year old farmer. Great to see it so bright and sunny! Up since 6 for work and I forgot how nice Limerick can be when its quiet :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it just me or did boards suddenly just change it's layout and now it looks sh!t?

Mine is the same as normal

Touch site seems the same as normal.

EDIT; lol at the new thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looks like this now... seems I dunno facebook like maybe

CSwM3b5.png

An4XmmP.png

interesting how there is a little title belt on the PW page though (where the football is on the soccer forum above)

Advertisement